1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox game backup

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by Mako3, Apr 28, 2005.

1. Mako3

Mako3 Member

Hey I was wondering if there is anyway to make backup copies of xbox games or download them from the internet than burn them and still be able to play them on a unmodded xbox? I have burnt several movies with dvdxcopy and been able to play those on my xbox, but what will work for a game? Will gamexcopy do the trick?

Thanks,
    Mako3

2. BR7

BR7 Regular member

I wonder if ANYONE ever sees the thread..

Dunno how some people miss the big bold letters and for some strange reason, it's the very FIRST post in this forum. How odd.

Look Mako, Quadriatic went through ALOT of time and effort to compile a complete tutorial on EVERY n00bs first question. Atleast read through it, try some things out from what you read, then POST your question.

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/141037

3. 97bullock

97bullock Regular member

no! you cant play a backup without getting your xbox modded.what is with people today?it must be something in the water...

you have two options.get it modded with a chip/soft mod or use a hack method such as the 007 hack.

oh,and the reason that you can play backups of dvd movies without any modifications is because most drives will play dvd-r movies.the ps2 will also play dvd-r movies and so will most dvd players without a hack or modding of any kind.its in sonys and microsofts interests to make backups of their games to not load to prevent piracy.

4. Mako3

Mako3 Member

What's soft mod or the 007 hack? Also so what if I transferred the files from my xbox wirelessly via ftp than what do I do from there I read the topic on top. With the xiso file if I got tht from a disc and tried burning it with gamexcopy would tht work for an unmodded xbox. Some way it has to be possible its just figuring out which software, since thts wht microsoft does to mass produce these games anyhow is making copies. If you guys cant think of anyway to play burnt games on an unmodded xbox, what modchip do you suggest I get, that will be undetectable on xbox live. Because thats mostly all I play, and if I cant play tht than i'd rather buy my games.

Thanks so much,
    Mako3

5. Mbrock

Mbrock Member

get the hell out of this forum.

Thanks so much

6. Mako3

Mako3 Member

dude forums are here to help people with understanding things, so I'm asking some questions and am asking in a nice way so please answer my questions in a nice way.

Thanks So Much!

7. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

Totally uncalled for. That's not the attitude we have towards newcomers.

Don't mind him. Maybe he's pissed off at something. To get more info on softmodding, visit http://www.how2xbox.com. Also, try visiting http://www.xbox-scene.com/tutorials.php

The 007 hack is a memory save that you install your xbox and boot from the 007 game. It installs runs an auto installer after you pick your options. For more info, visit the above sites.

8. Mako3

Mako3 Member

Alright thanks, so softmodding is just an easier way of modding an xbox? Also whats this: http://dwl.xbox-scene.com/~xbox/xbo...to_Mod_your_XBOX_without_modchip _proven.pdf?
    I dont really want to take my xbox apart but now if this is the only way to play back-ups than if I take it apart I might as well get a mod-chip that is undetectable on xbox live, because thats usually all I play on xbox anyhow.

Thanks,
    Mako

9. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

i don't think there is a modchip that is undetectable on Xbox live...with all the ones i know of, you first have to turn the chip off and therefore can't play backups.

10. 97bullock

97bullock Regular member

i cant confirm that it does work because i dont have live myself but according to someone i know,the game can be loaded up then the mod switched off as you sign in to live and then back on again for it to continue reading the game whilst you play online.DONT do this until you can confirm it tho,as microsoft will kick you off of live for good if they detect a modded xbox (which was a bad move by Microsoft if you ask me as there are legitimate,legal reasons that people mod their xboxes and they are spending their hard-earned money which goes into micrsofts pocket to subscribe to live.its one thing to charge us for live (which i do understand and agree that they should) but anothetr to act like its some sort of privilege to pay them for the service).

im afraid there is NO softmod or hack that will allow you to turn the xbox into a 'unmodded' (or a mode that makes it appear unmodded) so if you want to play live,you are not going to be able to softmod or hack so will need to either open the xbox and hardmod it or take it to someone who will do it for you.if you want to play on live you have no choice.

oh,btw,if you want to have the 'privileges' and 'feeling' of live but want to softmod or hack it instead (or find that turning the hardmod switch off doesnt work after all) then there is an alternative to live and they accept modded xboxes.whats more,its free! i'm not going to post it as im not sure if its legal or not but if anyone can confirm that it is (and complies with the rules of this site),then i'll post the details.i could always pm a mod about what the program is or something to confirm first

Last edited: May 4, 2005