1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox games on computer

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by Evanx123, Nov 8, 2004.

1. woody1997

woody1997 Member

how do you know whether the file is an iso. or an xiso or is this the same?? when you download files through torrent can it be that the file already is an xiso?? is there an program wich you can check it already is ??

many thanks

2. m65xiuwa3

m65xiuwa3 Member

This question gives me insomnia.I cant sleep till I
    know an answer.I have a 1300$ pc (3 ghz ,512 mb-ram,256 mb video) but i have no dvd player on it.I wonder if my pc would be able to run Ps2/x-box/gamecube games.I know i need a dvd player ,so what could you recomend me.My intentions are to save some few hundreds of $ because i dont buy the actual consoles.I dont have no console(if i need one to be read by pc)except i can borrow a game cube from a friend.What i said before raises more questions than answers,but we all need an answer.

3. WelshBoa

WelshBoa Regular member

vpgtd

Regardless of your stance on this subject I very much doubt anyone who cannot spell "digrees" has any. And what does engineering have anything to do with software available anyway

4. vpgtd

vpgtd Member

well the xbox and ps2 games are doable but the game cube games on the other hand are not. game cube games are made with a different compression software and the software code is hardwired no the chip and is compiled on the chip so there is no hard copy of it on a computer. i have not tried to run xbox games on a pc tho a xbox can run windows.

5. muumabo

muumabo Member

what about emulators??? if its possible to mod the xbox and replace the drive isn't it possible to add another drive such as a ps2 or game cube?
    If you bought the special edition of halo 2 and watched the dvd you would have seen the bungie xbox's. They hooked directly up to the computer where the actual game was modified.I read the post where the guy put windows on his xbox. if thats possible will i have to watch out for viruses when i log onto xbox live?

6. muumabo

muumabo Member

also the name "newbie" is really gay. i would rather be a noob

7. vpgtd

vpgtd Member

and no u will not have to look out for virus's on xbox live. i made the xbox into a pc for my kids so they had something small and compact to play there computer games on and that hooked into a tv. it is not on the net.

8. muumabo

muumabo Member

you know i actually found an emulator that will open up a screen and ask for a game disc

9. vpgtd

vpgtd Member

what is the name of the emulator and were did u find it i may be interested in it over the .exe files off the xbox

10. muumabo

muumabo Member

oh i forgot to say, the emulator is for ps2.

if youve hooked up your xbox with microsoft...

OTHERS WILL
    id do it if not for the cost of the new bios board and the trouble i get into.

11. muumabo

muumabo Member

im trying to find an emulator for xbox though, or my xbox controller/usb gamepad will have been a waste.

WHY COULDNT SONY USE THE USB TYPE CONTROLLERS...

i would very much like to have a ps2 controoler like my xbox one without having to buy a 20$ adapter

oh dont forget about cxbx, their making a ton of progress.

this sucks, it took like a week for a reliable ds emulator and now xbox has been out for nearly 4 years and there still isnt a safe, viruse-free emulator

Last edited: Dec 27, 2004
  12. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

You do realize that an xbox emulator isn't the easiest thing to make right? It's more than just making an 8-bit NES emulator. Plus, the default.xbe are bigger, and the file system is different and much more powerful than the DS or other systems.

13. muumabo

muumabo Member

well really? no ya think?

i was simply comparing the two, but what about the thing where xbox drives supposedly run backwards? will i have to switch the positive and negative power cables inside my dvd drive where they connect to the spinny thingy to change the flow, so it goes backwards, or is their a program (i doubt it) that will do it for me?

i dont even know if an emulator would work for me because the xbox uses an intel processor and nvidia graphics but i have an athlon and ati graphics.

an emulator under prep.(cxbx)is supposed to be able to take a xbe file and convert it into an exe file

i want to mention (even though it is not related to this topic) why were not seeing more games that run on flash cards. flash cards sre alot more compacct and you can fit alot more than 9gb on nice ones. i mean dvds are a pain where it hurts to have a pain. they scratch, break, chip, AND theyre a pain to copy. rip,decode,burn and if one thing stalls or if theres a pop-up your dvd will skip

someone said that it was easy to put linux on an xbox but come on WHAT GOOD PROGRAMS ARE THERE FOR LINUX, its almost always pc and sometimes mac. the last time i saw a usefull file for linux was when i... (i dont remember,lol)

can you connect to xbox live with a severly modded xbox,

for some reason i think microsoft DIDNT WANT there to be an emulator for xbox. they sure took alot of precaution in making sure it didnt happen.

ive spent nearly three days searching for an emulator for xbox and its starting to get on my nerves.

im an emulator junky, lmfao

what made ps2 so easy to emulate?

Last edited: Dec 27, 2004
  14. muumabo

muumabo Member

i found an emulator that looks promising but you have to go thru nearly 10 stages to get ready to emualte

15. Evanx123

Evanx123 Member

muumabo:
    Emulators are just software, it's not possible for there to be hardware compatibility issues with them.

If you wanna do that, try OpenXDK on sourceforge. I's made by the same person.

Flash cards are really expensive. Imagine when you buy a game you pay more money for the flash card then the actual game! CD and DVDs cost cents to make each.

16. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

The filing system is too hard to emulate. You would have to get the technicians from Microsoft to implant a whole different filing system into your computer in order for it to work.

17. muumabo

muumabo Member

there is a copy of a microsoft xbox emulator out there some where and getting a copy is hard. in it there is a number of programs and one of them converts files like you said.

18. muumabo

muumabo Member

there is a copy of a microsoft xbox emulator out there some where and getting a copy is hard. in it there is a number of programs and one of them converts files like you said.

19. Bohefus

Bohefus Regular member

Oh my God! You aren't too bright are you?
    You know that the majority of [bold]all[/bold] movie dvd's [bold]are[/bold] dual layer don't you?
    Hence, [bold]All[/bold] DVD players,drives etc. can read dual layer disc's.The compatability has been there from the very beginning of dvd.Get a Clue!

Last edited: Jan 18, 2005
  20. KainX

KainX Guest

i still don't think pc's are powerful enough to emulate the games i have a new sony vaio with a 3.8 ghz intel 4 with the radeo x800 and i still can't play ps2 games with pcsx2