1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox Hard drive to store full version Games.

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by G-A-M, Nov 14, 2003.

1. G-A-M

G-A-M Member

I want to know if there is an xbox hard drive that stores full version games on the xbox so u no longer need the cd to play the game. If so what is it called and where can i get it?

2. x_player3

x_player3 Guest

you can store games on the regular hard drive that comes with the x box but only a few and thats my problem i now do not have enough space to play some games because i have 3 games onto my hd and cannot get them off. ask rusty dog he knows a lot about x box and has helped me... im sure he can list different hard drives that are compatible with the xbox console

x_player3

3. G-A-M

G-A-M Member

I heard the xbox can hold 137 gb of games if u buy a hard drive and i wan to know where u can buy it, how much it costs, is it complicated to install, how can u do it, does it cause any problems and please only reply if u have done it and have not experienced any major problems.

4. richard77

richard77 Member

All right. You can use pretty much any hard drive in your Xbox, and these are available at your local Future Shop or other computer store.
    Use the tutorials on http://www.xbox-scene.com to find out how.

Richard

5. richard77

richard77 Member

P.S. you need a mod chip(duh!) and i suggest either an xecuter 2.x, a chameleon w/solderless adapter, or a dms x-b.i.t.

6. GetModded

GetModded Guest

The 137gb limit has been broken, you can use any size harddrive now.

RustyDog

7. G-A-M

G-A-M Member

i heard u get banned from xbox live if u use a mod chip is it true?

8. needhelp9

needhelp9 Member

i don't have xbox but am thinking of getting one.I need to know everything about how 2 send xbox games to yor hard drive and playing them. CAn u delete the games once ur done? what's with the mod chip? how many games can u store? as u can c i need seious help.

plz help thx

9. ShadowR

ShadowR Member

first... you have to shut your chip off when you play online for live, when the chip is off everything goes back to normal.

there are many totorials online about backing up games... basicly you use a program on your computer to copy the game off your xbox then send it back onto the harddrive of your modded xbox and you can load it from the menu of the xbox dashboard.

10. twinke

twinke Member

To make it easier you could just install a program like xCommander on your xbox hard drive. Then you don't need to have the xbox hooked to your computer, you can do it all with the xbox.

~Twinkerules

11. needhelp9

needhelp9 Member

so u dont need a mod chip, u can justuse a program. u can get it there by loading it on a cd from PC and read it on xbox. rite?????

by the way, can u delete it once ur done with it ur do u have 2 keep it on harddrive??

12. twinke

twinke Member

You still need a mod chip. You will need to get a mod chip, flash it with a bios, install it, install a larger hard drive (optional), and then you will need to install a dashboard like evolution x. After that you can install a program like xcommander on the new hard drive. Xcommander will allow you to copy games to your hard drive and also delete games. Evolution x will provide a menu so that you can pick the game you want to play. That's the process my brother went through when we modded his xbox. It takes a little bit longer to do then just installing a mod chip but once you're done it is a super easy way to back your games up.

~Twinkerules

13. needhelp9

needhelp9 Member

im sry 4 askin so many questions...
    but wat u mean 'flash it wit bios'?
    also, where can u buy a mod chip. How much is it (CND) And u can play xbox online using ur lan from ur computer rite???
    What abolut deletein games from harddrive? is it possible????

thx ppl, sry again

Last edited: Nov 19, 2003
  14. twinke

twinke Member

What I mean by flash is that when you buy a mod chip it will probably not have a bios on it meaning it won't work. The mod chip I got came with a programmer which is what you use to get the bios on the chip. Some mod chips do come with a bios but I don't know if they are compatible with the evolution x dashboard. Mod chip makers can get into legal trouble if they have a certain bios on the chip.

I got my mod chip from the-console-corner.com. I don't know if they ship to Canada. I've seen prices as low as $35 or as high as $60. It depends upon whether you get a chip that requires soldering or a solderless chip. Solderless chips cost more.

As far as playing on a lan I don't know. I know that you cannot play on xbox live with a mod chip. You will have to disable the mod chip and use the original retail disc before you go on live. If you go on live with your mod chip turned on people say that you'll get banned.

You can delete games off of the hard drive as long as you have a program like xCommander that will let you copy and delete files.

~Twinkerules

15. shakim

shakim Regular member

I am totally new at this modding and hacking the xbox thing. First of all can some please give me a list of things I would need to buy or download in order to have my xbox work with cdrs and be able to rip my games to the xbox. I know I need a mod chip. Which is best? Do I go with soderless or not? I know I need some sort of bios flashing tool. Also is there a way to rip the games to my computers hard drive and then load them to the xbox as I need them. About how many games fit in a 120gb drive?

16. twinke

twinke Member

Surf on over to xbox-scene.com and www.copying-xbox-games.com. They are both great websites dedicated to modding the xbox and they will help get you started on your adventures in mod land.

~Twinkerules

17. GetModded

GetModded Guest

www.xbox100.com

Not nearly as much flaming as XBox-Scene.

RustyDog