1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox Hard Drive

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by Diggerz, Feb 9, 2008.

1. Diggerz

Diggerz Guest

Hi Guys,

Hope you can help me, ive got a standard xbox, not 360. I had it chipped about 18months ago, its suddenly packed up.. the front light cycles orange and red and the machine doesnt fire up. I took to a guy who has looked at it and said whoever put the chip in has applied to much heat to part of the board and cooked it.. strange coz this was done 18 months ago. Anyway he said the only option i have is to put in a new board & chip etc but i would lose my 250g hard drive.. which i dont want to do. Can i transfer my hard drive into another xbox?

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

2. varnull

varnull Guest

He is right that it is a hardware problem, probably an issue with a bad connection to one of the lba pins.. but completely wrong and trying to rip you for your hdd. There are ways to force unlock that..

Now for the "christmas lights" fix check llamma.com (frao or christmas lights it's called).. don't go back to this "expert".. sounds like he is trying to get a (maybe, maybe not) easily fixable box and chip and big hdd off you for nothing.

3. tripplite

tripplite Guest

4. Diggerz

Diggerz Guest

Thanks guys much appreciated! more than anything i dont want to lose the HDD, hopefully i can get the box fixed. If not ill attempt to transfer it to another box.

Thanks again!

5. tripplite

tripplite Guest

hey if you have any further questions please ask again here!
    -tripplite

6. Diggerz

Diggerz Guest

Thanks Tripplite