1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox Hardrive

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by dude91187, Oct 25, 2004.

1. dude91187

dude91187 Guest

How or where do i get the XBox hardrive to where i can copy games onto it?
    Also, whats the price range including installation?

2. Hrdrk20

Hrdrk20 Regular member

The larger harddrive that you can replace your original xbox drive is just a regular PC harddrive. Decide on what size you want and shop around. If you live in the U.S.A. check out stores like Office Depot and Office Max first before going to Best Buy or Circuit City. Don't just buy the first one you see because it could be even cheaper at another store. Each week a rebate is usually offered but not in every store. You need to go to each individual store during the same week to know who has the lowest price. If you have the patience, you can also shop online. Tigerdirect has 60G drives for $60.

You install it yourself and then use Slayers v2.6 burned on a Memorex CD-RW to prepare the large drive and install neccessary applications for you.

3. Achilles3

Achilles3 Guest

Check out outpost.com or newegg.com, they always have good deals.

4. dude91187

dude91187 Guest

Ok well what if I don't know how to install it and put the neccesary apps onto it. Where could i get that done at? Because I'm kind of ignorant when it comes to this kind of stuff, i just play the games.

5. Achilles3

Achilles3 Guest

Is your XBOX modded? If not, it needs to be modded in order for you to replace the HDD.

6. dude91187

dude91187 Guest

No, I'm trying to fidn out the steps to do all this. and the price range. Start it off with a normal xbox all the way up to the final product

7. Achilles3

Achilles3 Guest

Well it cost me around $200+ because I have the Xenium chip (+ installation fee) and a 250GB HDD.

8. dude91187

dude91187 Guest

Well could you go through the steps it took you to get what you got done. I have the money and it is well worth the price of it.

9. Achilles3

Achilles3 Guest

Check out modchipworld.com you can get an Xecuter2.6 for $35. If you don't know anything about soldering then I suggest you send them your XBOX and let them do it for a fee. Call their number and find out. Then you will need to get an autoinstaller disk like Slayer's or Firefucker's. Then burn it on to a CD-RW or DVD-RW and load it in your XBOX. You might need to re-flash your modchip with an X2 BIOS prior to the autoinstaller step. Slayer's will have all the programs you need. After that you can replace your HDD with the one you bought. Use FTP and transfer the data from the XBOX factory HDD to your PC, replace the HDD, use Slayer's to format and install the programs again, and FTP the saved files from the old HDD back to the new HDD and you're set.

10. Hrdrk20

Hrdrk20 Regular member

Dude, I STRONGLY recommend the Xenium Ice chip with the solderless adapter. Purchase it from Divineo. You'll have your Xbox modded in 5 minutes.

Read the official install and operation guides first so you have a rough idea of what you're doing. DON'T GUESS like so many of these other people asking for help.

1. Remove the torx screw near the LPC location.

If you can, look around for a used xbox (Pawnshop,CD resale store) because older versions have solder inside the LPC holes which make for easy instalation. New Xbox units in stores now are v1.6 and you need to insert very tiny rivets into the holes. The rivets come with the Xenium.

2. Place the solderless adapter over the LPC holes and screw down so the adapter doesn't move. Don't overtighten or you will strip the threads inside the hole. Carefully move the thin,curved wire to the small DO hole. There are two that are diagonal from each other. The correct one is the one closest to you. When the wire is in the hole it will be secure as long as the adapter is snug.

3. Place the Xenium Ice chip on the solderless adapter and press down firmly.

4. With the DVD-Rom and Harddrive still removed, start the Xbox up and you will see a red launch screen. If yes, go to step 5.

If no, check the DO wire or unscrew and wiggle the adapter over the LPC area again and tighten.

5. Attach both the DVD-Rom and Harddrive. Leave the case open if you are going to install a larger harddrive.

6. Reboot and choose " Launch New Item". Select TSOP and press A. The original Xbox bios is now loaded. Now the xbox will function as if it were just taken out of the box.

7. Reboot again and choose : Launch-Retail Kernel. The xbox will startup and you MUST reset the date and time before going foward to flash a hacked bios.

8. Using the USB adapter that is included with the Xenium Ice, insert it in the 2nd,3rd or 4th controller port. Port 1 is for your game controller. Purchase a USB mini-pen drive. It needs to hold over 1Mb because you will load a 1Mb bios to it from your PC.

9. Place the USB mini pen drive in a control slot. Reboot and choose :Add New Item" Select FLASH and you will be given several directories. Choose H for the pen drive. The Xenium will search and find the bios on the pen drive. Press to install.

10. Your Xbox is now modded. Reboot and choose Retail Kernel to go on Xbox live with original games or choose (YOUR BIOS) to play backup games.

11. Boot to the hacked bios and put a CD-RW of Slayers v2.6 in the DVD-Rom drive. It will load and then you choose the option of where you want slayers to be installed either the retail harddrive or a larger one that you connected.

11. Ten18

Ten18 Member

[​IMG]
    all i have to do is follow your guide and plug that thing into the the xbox and put the chip on it?

Last edited: Nov 3, 2004
  12. Ten18

Ten18 Member

{*}_{*} doesnt anyone know?

13. N2HU

N2HU Guest

Dude, welcome to world of modding...
    You'll find out real soon that people get bored of hearing the same questions and theyll tell you to read... pm me and ill help you out... its very simple...just lots of info to sort through.

14. Ten18

Ten18 Member

Will do. Thanks man.

15. joonambi

joonambi Guest

what can you do with a chipped xbox, compared with a normal one