1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox HD Locking Help Please

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by moviemanj, May 1, 2009.

1. moviemanj

moviemanj Member

Hello,
    I have a Xbox that my boss gave that was soft-modded (not sure how) and the HD failed. I built an EEPROM reader and was able to recover the EEPROM from the motherboard and I have that on my computer. I made a slayer boot disc and was able to copy everything over to a new 120gb Maxtor HD that I had laying around. Problem is now, I can't get the HD to lock. What is the easiest way to lock a HD that I can hook up directly to my PC? I could not find my HD (Maxtor STM3160812A 120gb) on the Xbox HD compatibility chart, however from what I know, Maxtor's are generally all lockable. So can anyone please let me know if there is something else I can try or if I am doing something incorrectly? As far as I know everything I need is on the drive, the only thing now, is I need to lock it.

2. TBandit

TBandit Regular member

You should try using the program xboxhdm or somthing like that off of xbins. You should be able to build it up and lock it from there.

3. varnull

varnull Guest