1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

xbox hd maker help very urgent

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by MUNKYEARS, Jun 19, 2007.

1. MUNKYEARS

MUNKYEARS Regular member

well... here we go lol... had softmodded xbox with unleashx and my 10 year old brother changed the name of the dash thinking that it will be cool... so i cant boot xbox i have two hdds from 2 xboxs i cant seem to figure out the pc configuration as i have a dell dimension 3100 and been dell it has a f***in sata slot as primary hdd and a ide cd/dvd drive..

can ya help me plz

i have a sata to ide converter if thats anyhelp ..

my ide cable has three slots one the motherboard the second one up is not been used and obviously the top is plugged into the cd/dvd drive

my hdd is plugged into a sata cable directly connecting to the motherboard

on the disc i have put the retail dash files on and i have the hard drive key for the xbox... not the eeprom

these drives have come from seperate xbox's and have not been touched since xbox went into "not going to boot coz of the dash has been renamed mode" lol

plz help

2. steimy

steimy Active member

can you give more details on the problem. Formating the drive in the PC would be a last resort option. PLus unless you have a copy of your EEPROM file on the computer to use with xboxhdm, then you need to performs the slightly risky "hotswap" method.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2007
  3. MUNKYEARS

MUNKYEARS Regular member

i cant use these hdd as they have a corrupt dash board... and i dont have my eeprom

i dont care how its done i just need my xbox back... xD

its not possible to move my xbox as my pc is down stairs in the kitchen and my xbox is in my bedroom roughly 20 or 30 yrds away lol

4. steimy

steimy Active member

well, if it can still read burned DVD's then you can use an auto installer disc like Slayer 2.7 or AID (Auto Installer Deluxe) to reinstall the dashboard. If not then you will have to do a hotswap because you do not have your EEPROM file.
    The hotswap you HAVE to use your PC to do.

5. Solja101

Solja101 Member

hey wats up guys this is ralph im new to this and i need help im trying to put imulators on my xbox and i need steps from the start
    plz if you know how to please walk me through and help thanks anyone

6. MUNKYEARS

MUNKYEARS Regular member

well erm... not to burst ya bubble mate but you need a suitable thread for that.. which i imagine their are some so either create ya own or find one please because people dont like it when people go off topic... but i will forgive u because ya new lol

7. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

I would suggest you try the AID v4.01 disc first and see if it boots, then re-install the dash. The other option is to see if it'll still boot the original game you used to Softmod with (Splintercell, etc.) and re-softmod!

8. MUNKYEARS

MUNKYEARS Regular member

well... the xbox doesnt boot games at all i dont have a dvd rewriter and i dont have my memory card for the xbox to transfer the files but they are still on i just need to reinstall the retail dash somehow then i access the save and reinstall that way but theirs no way i can

so what do i now... looks like im going to have to do the hotswap but xbox upstairs and pc downstairs looks like i need to be linford christie to get down stairs quick enough

any ideas?

9. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

Eh, move the Xbox next to the PC?

Hello...

10. NeroErik

NeroErik Member

Ive got a question relevant to this thread,

Ive got a similar problem, except a friend gave me an xbox with no dvd drive, hard drive, and case... just mobo and psu.

dvd and case are no prob, i can just mod a pc case and use any pc dvd drive. But i know without the hard drive im kinda boned because i dont have the eeprom file, or even a working hdd to softmod. Just wondering if there is any way to get the xbox to use another unlocked, unformatted, unxboxed (made up my own word :p), hard drive. Or is there absolutely no way, aside from physically hacking the bios chip?

oh ya, and im trying to avoid getting a modchip, as its my last resort. if i do need a MC, then which one would i need to get myself started? (cost effective++)

I figured this thread was going in this direction, not to get off topic, but if there is any way its a relevant solution to the OP's problem

11. MUNKYEARS

MUNKYEARS Regular member

well... the pc has a two lead ide cable which the master is plugged into the dvd drive and one sata cable for the hdd of the pc....

which port do i plug into... i have unplugged my sata hdd dont wana format that by accident lol....

i want to use xbox hdm make asap as its just sitting their

12. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

@ NeroErik

I think you need to do a bit more research my friend!

Firstly, the DVD drive MUST be an Xbox drive. The HDD can be what ever you like.

Secondly, you'll still need the eeprom. The only way you can get that now is via an eeprom reader...

Go play with Search!

@ MUNKYEARS

As I'm sure you are aware, the Xbox doesn't have a SATA port, so it can only be IDE.

13. MUNKYEARS

MUNKYEARS Regular member

@CHUNKHEAD i have a converter for my hdd... from sata to ide cable....

i need directions

14. NeroErik

NeroErik Member

i managed to get the orig hdd, i already knew about using an eeprom reader, i did do research first i was just asking/wondering if there was another way to go about the process without buying some extra hardware. I probably would've gone with a modchip as the end result, just to save some time and hassle in the longrun.

The Xbox CAN use PC dvd drives, my main box right now is running a lite-on dvd drive, cant play legit xbox games, but as far as burned games and other media it works wonderfully, i dont know what you mean by only the orig xbox dvd drive will work? were you talking about it reading legit xbox games?

anyways, all in all, i copied the C partition of my first xbox, used the xbox hdd that worked and an NEC dvd burner to do a hotswap to my pc, used xbhdm and copied the C partition from my first xbox to my other bare xbox. shutdown, booted up... worked like a charm :), no splinter cell, 007, usb memory card reader, and memory card needed.

Im happy to say that i now have the eeprom image, and im holding on to it for dear life :p

Thanks for your help, im sorry to say... but ive been accused of being a noob once again only because of post count.

15. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

How the hell did you get a Lite-On drive to work? Where did you get the firmware and what power mods did you have to do!?

To the best of my knowledge only the 616B and one other one works!?

16. NeroErik

NeroErik Member

just using the firm that came with it, as for power, i just split it off of the main hdd molex using a molex splitter

i know there are better ways to do the next part, but i did this mod a few years ago, to eject the drive i soldered just the signal wire from the eject button on the dvd drive to the eject signal wire on the front panel of the xbox... the ground connection on the molex supplied a universal ground between the xbox and dvd drive, less wires less mess :p i did the same for the dvd drive light as well.

17. MUNKYEARS

MUNKYEARS Regular member

well, im going to try and use a regular pc drive with it... wow

pretty strange though if myne boots games wow i could use the AID disc wow

18. Marz13

Marz13 Guest

hey is there anyway to use the master password to unlock my HDD with xboxhdm????my friend locked the drive with his eeprom not mine and he moved away...so now i cant ulock it or use it.....or is there anyother way i can ulock it without needing a eeprom or anything like that using XboxHDM

19. MUNKYEARS

MUNKYEARS Regular member

hey, this is my thread why is everyone interupting

my problem has been persisting since i started this thread

by all means ask questions but please lemme get mine done first

20. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

Have a read through my tutorials (Click on my name) and see if anything helps.

If still no good, report back and give me a brief run down of your exact problems as of now, and also all the steps you have already undertaken.