1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

xbox hdd upgrade error code 21

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by obarose, Sep 6, 2010.

1. obarose

obarose Member

hey I am fixing and upgrading some xbox's for a few people and I need some help. I am using an xboxhdm recovery disc I made that has the fatx partition structure and c and e files on it. When i make my file system and lock my Maxtor drive my box boots up and allows app installation from the disc but will eventually give me and error 21. I've tooled around a bit and also got error 13 and 14. I've come to the conclusion that a settings file is referencing some missing dash files, or i'm just missing dash files. Sorry to make my first post a question, please can someone give me a clue?

Last edited: Sep 6, 2010
  2. ps355528

ps355528 Active member

read the guides to "fix e21" .. simple

took us a long time to sort this out back in the day... but it's obsolete know how now... easier to just pay $10 and buy a working one..

3. dennisv9

dennisv9 Regular member

had the same problem with a couple of xbox'es in the old days (mainly v1.6 xbox'es), never found a solution. i just make one xboxhdm disc with the ms dash and all the apps i want in the e apps folder and the sid-installer; then prepare a hdd and look it with the correct eeprom. put it in the xbox; and then fire it up. of course you then only have the original ms dash, but i then just run the softmod via one of the 3 exploit games (SC). then i know i have a working softmod with all the apps. in the time i created/collected several xboxhdm cd's for all the different xbox version, so as long as i know which version it is i do not have the problem. but the clean ms dash install helped me out for the more stubborn xboxes