1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox HDD

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by Batvol, Apr 13, 2004.

1. Batvol

Batvol Member

Yes a friend of mine was trying to put the latest version of Evox dashboard on my system. However, it would not connect FTP. So he had a bootable EvoX that had an option to format the drive. This did complete, but trying to install did not work. I am using BIOS version 4981 with the X-ecuter 2.3B lite mod. I have a bacup copy of his Evox c & E. We both have the same version of machine 1.0. Tried to make a bootable CD, using the instruction from this site, from it with no success. All I am getting is the HDD and CD drive could not be started. What can I do to get the HDD functional again with C & E on it????

2. liquid51

liquid51 Regular member

well, you can't ftp to the xbox without some sort of ftp client (evoX) booted from the dvd drive. You need to get the iso of evoX (or make it. www.xbox-scene.com) and burn it AS AN IMAGE to the disc (I caps that because I made the same mistake when I first started a while back). So long as you didn't change your bios to not boot default.xbe from dvd drive, it should boot evoX. You can now setup evoX to ftp your original c & e contents back to the hdd.
    If your getting an error message before anything even has a chance to boot ("your xbox needs service" message), you need to check your chip install, or reflash the chip.
    Oh, btw, did you already have a working version of evoX on your box? If so, a format of the hdd would not cause ftp connectivity issues.

3. dragon13

dragon13 Member

batvol, liquid51 is right. I did mine based on the instruction from this site. Thnx to all these hard working fellows, mine works. Look for "Creating Evo" & "Install. new HD"
    than u need XISO (yursoft)to create the image good luck.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2004