1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

xbox hdd

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by lildog, Dec 24, 2004.

1. lildog

lildog Member

i have a xbox v1.0 wet the x-chip install i am trying to upgrade my hdd to a 200 GB hdd how do i do that

2. punqewe

punqewe Active member

First,make sure that the bios you have will support the G drive. If it doesn't,you will have to reflash it.....second if you want the easy way....get an autoloader like firefuckers or slayers. Then install the hard drive,and put in the autoloader disk and turn the machine off. Turn on the machine and it should boot to the disk....look in the menu for the ALL IN ONE format and install function. Select this and it will ask you what type of install you want...choose one and sit back and wait. Now before you think you're done,go into the menu and look for the feature that will format the G drive and select that. Once that is done....you're ready to use all of the hard drive......and for all the tweaks you might want to do.

3. MIchad

MIchad Guest

I have installed several WD 120GB hdd, w/M8 bios and xenium ice chips, using slayers. When I check my hdd size, from phloader, or anywhere else, it says my total hdd size is only 104.???GB, I tried to format a G partition for shits-n-giggles, but it still says G is zero. does anyone know why or where the other +/- 16GB can be found?

4. lildog

lildog Member

does the X2 4983 support a 200 GB hdd

5. punqewe

punqewe Active member

For a 200gigger I wuld say get the 4983.67,cause it will support the G drive. Once you install it and have your hardd rive all set up...make sure you format the G drive,otherwise you won't see it. Also about the missing space...that sounds like quite alot to lose. Usually you would lose about 4-5 gig with al the installed apps and stuff.