1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XBOX- Hotswap with forced error didnt unlock

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by hackaveli, Apr 22, 2008.

1. hackaveli

hackaveli Member

Soz i planned on doing a hotswap, but it never unlocked with the forced error. I unplugged the power from it while it wasnt connected to the xbox by mistake, may that be the prob? i will try the hotswap with an external hdd when my new case arrives but, a bit offtopic, any modchip dealers u buy from that accept paypal? or can you reccomend someone i can buy xenium 3 with solderless from?
    tnk u
    hackaveli

2. quinman22

quinman22 Member

I might not fully understand the problem you're having, but I'll try to help. I've never had any luck with the forced error method. The most simple method I've found is in textbook's tutorial on hotswapping, which is to take any game disc out, and boot up into the dashboard. After this wait a couple minutes (I waited 5) then try the hotswap. It took me a couple tries on my first time, but after that I could do it every time.

3. hackaveli

hackaveli Member

i got it workin, i dint wait a couple of seconds for the drive to unlock with forced error, adn even than i dint wait for drive to be recognized. ive now upgraded my xbox with 250gig hd, and i nevr needed a modchip :D