1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

xbox instant RROD

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by bloodman3, Dec 21, 2009.

1. bloodman3

bloodman3 Member

Soo a couple hours ago i started to fix up my Xbox from me being stupid enough not to know that unlocking the HDD from the options menu would permenantly delete the HDD key. Anyway so i found this little cable online on ebay which was 10 bucks and so i used it to read my xbox's eeprom. it worked i think... i got everything set up and when i read the HDD key well something went wrong. for some reason when i entered the hdd key and i put everything back on the xbox it still gave me error 5/6 ( 5 would be hdd not locked and 6 would be hdd locked with wrong password ). so i opened it up again and unlocked the hdd again and tried something different than just manually entering the key. i made it search for the eeprom.bin instead. so i was done and i put everthing back but... for some reason it didnt give me an error at all or anything. i just turned on the xbox and the ring was flashing red in a quick second and the screen was black so i wouldnt know what the error. i tried removing every piece one by one seeing if it was a malfunction from the hard drive or the dvd drive but it wasnt... i finnaly removed everything that could mess it up ( tried another actual computer power supply ( that was kinda dumb but a dude can try ) nothing happened, i tried removing the hdd and nothing, removing dvd and nothing,

Anyone know what could have caused this problem please help me.

Long story shortened: i think i screwed up the xbox motherboard somehow please help.

Sincerely
    Bloodman3 ( also knows as bloodman376 and zaraster )

2. bloodman3

bloodman3 Member