1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox Is Dead

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by fischju, May 27, 2007.

1. fischju

fischju Member

My friend tried to softmod his xbox, and really messed it up, neither of us know what exactly he did. The system won't boot a disk that is in when you start it, or after. THe intro and logo comes on when you start it, but black screen after that. Ejecting the disk makes it to go the xbox logo. Taking out the DVD drive gives me a code 11. His dvd drive works, I tested it in my xbox. I did notice that the Xbox logo seems stretched, but I don't know if that is normal for newer xboxes. I don't have a backup of the c drive, all I have is the system.

What do you guys think is wrong with it? I would rather not build an eeprom reader and rebuild the HDD only to have it not work.

2. Wylee

Wylee Guest

your friend probably deleted the dashboard files so it cannot load a dashboard..he prolly didnt back up the nescerary stuff to fix it. if the lights are flashing green and red then read about the "christmas lights" any other question, find the error code and look for the thread called "Xbox error codes explained"

3. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

An eeprom reader WILL fix it, but you can also use the hotswap method to rebuild via Xboxhdm v1.9

4. fischju

fischju Member

I've only used XboxHDM (and old version) to upgrade my xbox hdd, but would I need the eeprom from his box to do a hotswap rebuild?

5. locobrown

locobrown Regular member

If you want to rebuild a hard drive or create a new one you would want to have a copy of the eeprom. Its the most important file without it your friend will have a useless xbox. You can try to hotswap but there is no guarantee that the box re-locks the drive after you power down. You can try, but having the eeprom is reassurance in case anything goes wrong. In a worst case scenario you would have to build an eeprom reader or chip the box if the drive remains unlocked since you wouldn't have the eeprom to re-lock it.

6. Nelmeco

Nelmeco Regular member

I would suggest doing a hotswap and using xplorer 360 to put the dash back on the xbox, as long as you are careful, you wont screw anything up. I have successfully done this many times.

7. fischju

fischju Member

8. Nelmeco

Nelmeco Regular member

9. Wylee

Wylee Guest

i just realized, i think im in the same situation. My frend deleted his dash files so no dashboard boots, and now he also has clock loop problem and ide cable problem, error 14 i think (who cares its easy to replace ide cable) and im not risking frying my sexxxyyyy computers motherboard by hotswapping. so what can i do without having to hotswap?

10. fischju

fischju Member

I got it to work perfectly! woo!

11. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

Congrats!

You would also have to be complete moron to damage your PC...

12. Nelmeco

Nelmeco Regular member

Haha, I guess I am a moron, i didnt damage my motherboard, but my hand slipped and knocked out an ide that went to a burner, it doesnt work anymore :(

13. fischju

fischju Member

I had to do it twice, the first time I did it I got an Error 21. What happened is that XboxHDM got caught in a loop, and while it was looping I hard turned off the PC and then forgot to plug the IDE back into the xbox before powering the xbox off, talk about Murphy's law!

The second time none of that happened and I got it to work (although getting FTP to work with evox wasn't easy)

14. locobrown

locobrown Regular member

- Wylee,
    If you dont want to hotswap create a lunix iso of your C and E along with your eeprom and rebuild the drive using Xboxhdm v1.9. There is no other way.