1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox ISO file burning to DVD question

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by walker04, Sep 13, 2004.

1. walker04

walker04 Guest

I just bought a Sony DRU700A and having problem burning an Xbox ISO file onto a DVD-R... using Nero.

I got the ISO file on my computer, but when I tried burning the image to the DVD. Nero 6.0 keeps saying I don't have the right disc. It's asking me to replace the DVD with a CDR.
    I did click the DVD button from Nero so I know its not in CD mode. Am I missing a step or two here?
    Can someone please point me to the correct way of copying this ISO file? thanx.

2. akamurph

akamurph Member

When the little wizard comes up in Nero (Or the regular start-up window with the tabs on top and buttons on the right - I think it's titled 'New Compilation). Close out of that window. Go to File - Open - Browse to the folder you have your ISO file in. In the bottom where it says 'files of type', click the dropdown arrow and choose either UDF/ISO, or Image files (*AAA, *ISO, *AAA). I forget what the actual wordage is, I'm not in front of my home pc. Then choose your ISO file and burn - you may want to burn at a lower speed.

Not sure why it was telling you CDr instead of DVDr, how big is your ISO file, or the ammount of space it shows it is going to use on the disc when you burn it? Try the steps in the above paragraph.

3. walker04

walker04 Guest

I tried the UDF/ISO the burn was complete but once insert the game in my Xbox, the Xbox does not recognize the disc. Maybe I'll try burning at 2x, I have to check but my Sony DRU700A burns DVD-R at 4x, I think.
    Another question, the file already have the .iso extension. I don't have to do anything to it right? And the game is Shrek II for Xbox, I believe it's less than 3gig.

4. posterboy

posterboy Guest

This is what i do i ftp info from xbox to pc then i select all the files i got from the disc open up nero under the dvd section go down to dvd-rom (UDF) then under the file settings i go Udf right between Label and mulitsession can click on the force compatabilty mode for xbox then drag and drop your files. Make sure u finalixe disc and if u need to patch it do so also then click burn i have burn probaly 100 disc i have only have 2 that dont work and that was because i think i didnt patch other wise u will be straight if u need help tho pm me.....

5. anahaevia

anahaevia Member

Your better off visiting a site that goes by the name of Xbox-Scene. They offer tutorials on pretty much everything xbox. I know this because I had the same problems you did and found the help I needed at this site. Posterboy might be right about the FTP part but the UDF/ISO part, in my experiences most of the time its better to extract the ISO image and patch the game, sometimes they are already patched if you donwloaded it of the 'net somewhere. Also the xbox is picky on which brand and type of recordable media you use.

6. akamurph

akamurph Member

Last edited: Sep 16, 2004
  7. debs182

debs182 Member

I had the exact same problem with nero a couple of weeks ago, try right clicking on the iso file and open with nero, if it still comes up as cd get a programme called TMPGEnc, go into 'write dvd folder' and use the 'iso-dvd' it worked for me.

8. walker04

walker04 Guest

Man, I wasted 4 discs already. Better get 1 of them rewritable for all this testing.. :)
    The file I have is an ISO, I should be able to burn as is correct? Thanks for all the help guys.

9. posterboy

posterboy Guest

ok when u a game iso extact it [well thats what i do] first and use the udf format for nero like i said be for and i still havent had a problem have been playing fable 2 days strong now and have had no problems

10. joejoe10

joejoe10 Member

i have backed up the xbox games onto my pc hard drive using flash FXP but i am having problem backing them up onto a DVD disc.....it is reading as an unknown file. i backed up the game using nero version 6 under UDF/ISO compliation.....does anyone know wut i am doing wrong?

11. DynatyxXx

DynatyxXx Regular member

the pc cant read xbox games.and did u burn the game.iso on a dvd-r at the slowest speed possible and finalised disc

12. BR7

BR7 Regular member

I'd ditch Nero. Try DVD Decrypter, by far the easiest ISO burning tool.