1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox iso files

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by dmeadors, Apr 15, 2007.

1. dmeadors

dmeadors Member

Is it possible to flash an iso file to a modded xbox? If does anyone know a program to convert it so it is possible? I have tried simplex but I have had no luck.

2. steimy

steimy Active member

flash an ISO file, what the heck are you talking about?
    do you mean transfer an ISO file to the hard drive of the Xbox?
    If so then yes, you can do that through FTP. But if it is a game the Xbox will not play it in that format (from the hard drive) as it has to be extracted ionto it's file format and then FTP'ed to the HDD.

Be a little more clear on what it is you are trying to do.

3. dmeadors

dmeadors Member

What I was trying to find out is how do you extract it onto it's file format. I was told that SimpleX would make it playable, but it did not. So the basically what I want to know is what I need to do to be able to flash it over

4. steimy

steimy Active member

There is a free program you can get called Qwix, there is also one called CRaxtion4. Both can either make an ISO from files, or extract them. They can also copy a game from your DVD drive of the Xbox to your PC (through FTP) or extract an ISO from your PC directly to the Xbox HDD. Personally i like to extract them on my PC to a folder then over to the Xbox with FTP in two steps.

To use Craxtion4 you must download and install .net framework from the microsoft download site or it will not load (if you do not already have it.