1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XBOX ISO to XISO

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by xjoshuax, Jun 6, 2006.

1. xjoshuax

xjoshuax Member

ok I just read on someone's tutorial that I need to make an ISO to an XISO. I have craxtion. I have tried everything single thing on it and I have NO freakin idea how to make an ISO into an XISO. please someone give me a tutorial ON THAT. thanks.

2. shademand

shademand Regular member

Well if its already in an ISO form then its probably been made into an XISO already...when you load it up in Craxtion 4, it will say already patched, if it is in XISO form already. If you downloaded it from somewhere more than likely its already in the proper form, just burn the image to a DVD-R.

3. 0b1vi0n

0b1vi0n Member

i have a game that is a .iso file and i need to change it to a .xiso file so my xbox can read it. i downloaded qwuix to upload it to my xbox. i also have xiso, but it's in .stifx so i downloaded stuffit to extract it. how do i use stuffit to open the file. i extracted it but none of the files open the program

4. janrocks

janrocks Guest

First off..if it's showing on your pc as an iso then it's done already..The pc will not show an xiso because it doesn't know what one is.. Try cracking the iso with isobuster and then when you get an error you know it's an xiso...stay well away from the newer versions of craxtion.. There are serious security concerns with the way the program impliments the runtimes.. Good xbox iso tools are extractxiso and cloneXB, and occasionally qwix (twice in 3 years!, I'm as close to an xbox ripping pro as you will find)...sitx format??.. I bet you got that file from some joker at demonoid..just root around the downloads section of www.xboxscene.com or google for the apps. They are legal as they don't contain any ms code..don't trust torrents for iso apps..too many people trying to get you to buy stuff you will never need again, like stufflit

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2006
  5. 0b1vi0n

0b1vi0n Member

what do you mean crack...sorry i'm kinda new to this. do you mean to open the file or extract it? i tried both and no error message unless when you extract it you have to wait until it reaches 100%. i tried uploading the game with qwuix to my xbox. when i played the game it just said blazing angels and the copyright info and nothing else happened.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2006
  6. janrocks

janrocks Guest

I got a good blazing angels...but I don't download them..
    That kind of problem comes from qwix not patching the game to run from the hdd.. use extractxiso to rip the iso just like you would a disk, then try ftp again...The easiest way is to just burn the iso on a dvd and load it to the hdd that way. I think there is an issue with this game and playing from the hdd, I saw some patches a few weeks ago for the ntsc version. I don't have space on any of my drives currently to test the theory with the pal one.. But I test for the integrity of the upload and then the burn..not hdd compatability..that's shady's job..
    As to where things come from... I'm a member of a few "restricted membership, subscription only" sites, so please don't ask for invites. I can't give any...btw..mininova sucks like torrentspy.
    PM me if you need any assistance with getting it working, might need patching..might need burning

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2006
  7. 0b1vi0n

0b1vi0n Member

my xbox can't even read cd-rw's so i don't think it will read dvd-rw's that's why i want to just ftp the games. will the xbox dvd kit let my xbox read dvd-rw's ?

8. xjoshuax

xjoshuax Member

Ok Alchohol 120% the page that tells you to prepare your cd/dvd recorder wont let me move forward. I cant do anything on this page excpet change the # of coppies I cant hit start nothin,I can cancel or move backwards!!??? Is it cause its the trial version?

9. xjoshuax

xjoshuax Member

Can I put the xbox back up onto a cd-r? My PC Doesnt burn dvd's? If I have to get a dvd burner whats the best rout?

10. shademand

shademand Regular member

There are only a handful of games for the Xbox that would even fit on a CD-R. Usually people take the smaller size games use Craxtion 4, CDX menu option and make a multi-game disc instead. If you intend to make a backup game a DVD burner is a must.

11. xjoshuax

xjoshuax Member

Hmm I wonder is Alchohol 120% dont read a dvd burner so thats why it wont let me move forward. It wont even let me try to put it on a cd. I'll go buy a dvd burner I just hope I can make back ups once I do so.Does anyone know for sure whats up with a120 %.?

12. janrocks

janrocks Guest

The alcohol thing is simple..the iso write mode is dvd-dao. no dvd burner..not possible so it's crashing there. You should still be able to bust this game open with whatever you want to use in the way of an xbox iso buster and ftp it across into the games folder...one thing that might be giving you problems is lack of space on the drive, and then the settings in evox..especially the tsr debug/normal/off... One thing I did with one like this was to bust it open, then re-iso it with cloneXB..that found and removed 2 media checks...then opened it all up again..that worked.

As for burning software I managed to burn a working xiso on a cd-r (galleon) with a 486 dx2 at 40Mhz with 8MB ram... just using the text based cd-record..pc speed and amount of ram doesn't come into it. I back up onto disks because a 300gig drive goes nowhere when you start putting 4+gig games on it. And theres always the risk of data corruption wrecking the lot

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2006