1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

xbox ISO

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by chunkles, Mar 18, 2005.

1. chunkles

chunkles Member

I know how to make the backups via FTP to the xbox. My question is once you have the ISOs made is there anyway to mount or extract the ISOs so you can play the games without burning them onto discs? I am using the stock Xbox hdd so I want to be able to keep the backups on my computer hdd and just load them (via FTP) as I want to play them.

2. punqewe

punqewe Active member

If you have enough room on your hard drive,just use either craxtion4 or quix and extract the iso into a folder on your pc and then just ftp the folder to the games folder on your xbox.

3. BR7

BR7 Regular member

Keep in mind, stock xbox HDD is about 8-10 GB, so you'll only be able to keep a couple of games on it at a time. Alot of deleting/transfering if you just want to keep doing it that way.

Use the tools punqewe stated in his post to extract the contents of the ISO and upload that folder to your xbox (e:/GAMES/name of game/)

4. chunkles

chunkles Member

thank you both, got it figured out. I am using the stock hdd. So I only have the capacity for one game at a time. A hdd upgrade is definitly in near future. Im thinking of either a 120, or a 160. What do some of you out there have, and how many games do they hold?