1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

xbox jewl

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by Spyder22, Apr 20, 2005.

1. Spyder22

Spyder22 Regular member

is it safe to use paint thinner (mineral spirits) on the xbox jewl or will it take off the green paint. also the silver letters on the jewl that say "XBOX", are those paint, crome, foil, or somthin else?

2. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

Here is what I did for my jewel.

1) Put my Xbox top in the freezer for about an hour.

2) Took it out and hit on the back of the jewel with a hammer and it popped out almost instantly.

3) Used finger nail polish remover to remove the green backing (hence making it clear)

The part that says Xbox on it is indeed Chrome, and cannot be removed unless you chip away at it.

3. Spyder22

Spyder22 Regular member

you shure its crome? cause i used laquer thinner and the letters came right off

4. punqewe

punqewe Active member

if you use nail polish remover,get the stuff that has no acetone....acetone will make it cloudy if you're not careful. Also,make sure it's not too cold....it will crack your jewel easy if it is. Once you have that all done you can polish the jewel by gatting some newsprint....or even better a shamois. Dampen the shamois and spread some toothpaste on it....now make a tape loop with duct tape on the top of the jewel and put your fingers through it and proceed to rub the jewel (in a figure eight pattern) on the shamois. This will polish it to a near glass look.