1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

xbox laser reliability?

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by adpat, May 12, 2003.

1. adpat

adpat Guest

I have not yet bothered with a mod chip in my xbox, and am considering doing so soon but would like to know how reliable it is. I have had a few ps2 lasers wear out very quick due to playing backups (within 6 months on one), does the xbox suffere from the same problems?

2. ridah100

ridah100 Member

well, since getting my modchip, i installed a bigger hard-drive and basically run my games off the hard-drive now, and only use the dvd drive to play dvd movies, so i would say, by installing a modchip, you could save the drive from wearing out.

3. legolas1

legolas1 Member

how do u run them off your hard drive?

4. darthnip

darthnip Moderator Staff Member

you have to have a chip installed, and be running evoX. you have to FTP into the xbox and extract the game from the disc thru the network to your PC, then FTP back to the XBOX and place the game contents onto your hard drive. do a search for the member named seamonkey, check the link in his signature, it will take you too the legendary seamonkey guides. very usefull info there, i probably wouldn't have a modded xbox without seamonkey, he's a good lil' brine shrimp ;)