1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox-Linux: Wine and application booting related.

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by n00bH4X0R, Dec 12, 2007.

1. n00bH4X0R

n00bH4X0R Member

My problem today is of all the problems I get while booting:

1.) X-Dsl
    2.) Xebian

Both get an error during the boot up. Most noticably the one at the end for X-Dsl, something which mentions FatX not found or error in partitions. Never get this for anything. Both are used as applications but i've tried to use X-Dsl more because I dont want to use a full partition for Xebian or any other Xbox-Linux port.

On both when I try to use wine I get bad results. I try to use the guide here:

http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=431606

When I boot X-Dsl up with xwine.dsl in the E:\ root, Nothing loads. I get a fuzzy screen with an X mouse and thats as far as it goes.

Ideas, tutorial, more info?

2. varnull

varnull Guest

Xebian will be the better bet for running wine (still buggy crap.. there are better linux native apps than anything that will run in wine) (xebian=ed's debian.. debian sarge ((oldstable)) I believe).. x-dsl is a real antique.

works for some, not for others.. the days of wine are coming to an end with better free open source applications.

http://forums.xbox-scene.com/lofiversion/index.php/t421111.html

what exact boot errors are you getting and what are you trying to run?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 12, 2007
  3. n00bH4X0R

n00bH4X0R Member

Thanks varnull but its not much helpful. Been to that thread already and have not found a solution to these errors. Thanks for the efforts though.

Anyone else? Really concentrating on the boot errors here incase my setup is busting.

4. varnull

varnull Guest

See heres the thing.. I run xebian on my box, but never had any joy with wine. Most windows apps run out of ram before getting started.

Did you get wine on xebian with apt-get install wine?

5. n00bH4X0R

n00bH4X0R Member

No, this is in terminal yes? I cant get into Xebian or X-Dsl once xwine.dsl is in the E:\ directory.