1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox Live after uninstalling softmod

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by buu2, Apr 7, 2007.

1. buu2

buu2 Member

Please help ASAP. I already softmodded my xbox. I then got xbox live. I was using xbmc with evox. I deleted xbmc from the e folder, then uninstalled evox using splinter cell and the ndure uninstaller. I tried to use the ms dashboard to set up xbox live and got the screen:
    Your Xbox requires service.
    What do I do? Specifically, what do i delete? Am I screwed since I already have softmodded? What is in the C folder and should I delete it's contents. Sofar, the guides I have found were :
    http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=426328&st=0
    http://www.xboxmediacenter.com/wiki/index.php?title=Installing/Running/Updating/Uninstalling_XBMC

2. casper007

casper007 Guest

If you still have the exploits on your xbox then run the splinter cell again and reinstall the MSDASH back to C drive.

3. buu2

buu2 Member

I got almost everything working. Just one last problem. Whenever I play xbox live (Halo2) it updates the dashboard and disables evox and the softmod. Any way to avoid this? Thanks.

4. casper007

casper007 Guest

you could try removing the dash update before burning the ISO, I've never tried this so i don't know if its possible.

5. buu2

buu2 Member

I don't think you understand. I'm playing on xbox live with an actual copy of halo2. But the evox softmod requires the dashboard at 5960 or w/e and the halo dashboard needs to update the dashboard in order to enable live. This disables the dashboard. For people doing the same thing im doing, having a softmodded xbox with xbox live, how are you doing it?

6. corn

corn Guest

Did you set up Dual Boot? If you did, then you can boot up the Xbox, normally by using the using the Eject button,

7. corn

corn Guest

EDIT: Double post, my bad.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 18, 2007
  8. buu2

buu2 Member

Yes. I installed with dual boot. When I use my xbox immediatelly after installing the softmod, when I power on closed it goes to ms dashboard. And when I powered by opening it, it went to xbmc/evox. But when I coldbooted halo2, it asked for xbox live to update the dashboard. After that happens, I can play on xbox live, but the softmod disappeared and i have to reinstall.

9. corn

corn Guest

Did you select the ndure dual boot? Open Tray=Retail?

10. buu2

buu2 Member

There were three versions l single boot, dual boot, and ndure. I used dual boot because Ive installed multiple times and have had glitches and troubles when using ndure (it boots into the installer menu instead of xbmc). I'd rather not install with ndure.