1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

xbox live banned

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by Pat_b_30, Nov 17, 2004.

1. Pat_b_30

Pat_b_30 Guest

i just found out that i was banned form xbox live. please help me and tell me how to get unbanned and how to prevent from getting banned in the first place. I don't know why i got banned my chip is always turned off when i log on to xbox live?

please help

2. daemonzx6

daemonzx6 Regular member

this hasnt happened to me before, but if im not mistaken, there is no way to get unbanned. i think it has something to do with your eeprom. i could say to ask M$ about it, but they would ignore you completely.
    as for not getting banned to begin with,
    were you able to play live with it turned off before and then suddenly you were banned?

3. Brown85

Brown85 Member

Check out Xbox Scene and look for a tutorial on it. It's there.

4. Pat_b_30

Pat_b_30 Guest

ya i was playing halo 2 for like 4 days and then suddenly i opened my xbox and i was banned. i heared microsoft has new technology that checks your hard drive and not your chip since the launch of halo 2

5. daemonzx6

daemonzx6 Regular member

i bet thats what all those new updates were for...

6. TSuave

TSuave Member

Yeah it bans you by your hard drive code. and thats the only info they store on your for your cpu. so they blacklist your hd code if its not one of theirs. however the link above will show you hwo to change your xbox code so you can get back on, until you get caught again. I use 2 xboxes so i dotn ahve to worry about it

7. Dreadz

Dreadz Guest

Can I get that link too? I know what to do as far as the eeprom.bin I just don't know how

8. davepyne

davepyne Member

basically if your modded xbox was on "xbox live" before it was modded you'll get banned, because your HD code has changed (assuming you upgraded your HD). What you've got to do is obtain an eeprom from another xbox and flash your eeprom on your bios with that virgin eeprom.

9. Stuman

Stuman Member

so are you saying to sign up to xbox live with your upgraded HDD if your gonna use that at all?

I'm signing up in a weeks time but was gonna put my oringinal HDD back in for the first connect. Is that not wise?

10. daemonzx6

daemonzx6 Regular member

No, definitely not wise. Signup with the new HD installed and be sure to disable auto sign on, for a different reason.