1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

xbox live error message

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by dossie, Nov 9, 2004.

1. Rayan

Rayan Member

I really doubt it... It's better for them, since that way all of us will run out to buy new consoles and/or new Live Subscriptions in order to get back in the Live Service, thus more revenue for M$...

2. mlien

mlien Guest

ok so im having kinda the same problem but not exactly i have a modded box but i didnt use a mod chip i had my brother install something with a cd im not so sure what exactly its called but i know i didnt need a chip. and everything was working perfect. but when they said to get this update and i clicked update it brings me to some menu thats in like 10 different languages and it says service required. call customer support. and to the left of that message it has the # 21 next to it i dont fusking get this cuz it was working perfectly before i appreciate your help
    mike

3. Bohefus

Bohefus Regular member

4. madmiles

madmiles Regular member

hey i got banned too and didn't think it had anything to do with my box actually being modded. my chip wasn't on, i just have an upgraded hdd. i called xbox support and gave them info on my xbox when you press y. do you think i could get into any trouble? j/w

5. dossie

dossie Regular member

you got banned coz of your hdd, M$ now checks your hdd contents and hdd size...you can still get banned even with your mod chip off :(

6. Rayan

Rayan Member

Nah!, I just got a second-hand unmod XBOX just to play LIVE... :)
    Better safe than sorry... ;)

7. dossie

dossie Regular member

yea ill also be getting one soon, cant wait!! :(

8. 1LAN1

1LAN1 Member

Im not sure if im banned or not cuz all it said was cannot connect to xbox live. than it told me to run troubleshooter. Than it auto detected it everything. everything was good and than i tried connecting than it told me to do the same thing.

I also never got the error message about my xbox being tampered with.
    My modchip was also off and like a few hours ago i was able to sign on

9. burger

burger Member

yea i came across a article that had 3 theories on xbl banning the one that seemdd to make the most sense is the marriage concept. M$ checks your eeprom and the size of your drive. so in essence if u log onto live with one drive despite it's size then u modf your box and place a larger drive in now M$ has a record of your hdd size now it sees a flux in your hdd size and capacitancy. the article is

http://www.xbox-scene.com/ check towards the bottom article on "xbl banning"

a friend of mine who has been modding for a while told me the Halo 2 xbe file checks your HDD key too
    . along with if you have a bigger HDD installed and connect to Livethe first time you're OK, but then if you switched to abigger HDD you'd probably get banned

so a few things to keep in your head!!!

10. Rayan

Rayan Member

@1LAN1,

Sorry to inform you that you are BENNED even tho you don't get the moddified XBOX error, you are banned!!!

Go get yourself a used unmod XBOX to play on LIVE!