1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

xbox live with an upgraded hd

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by spoken360, Apr 27, 2007.

1. spoken360

spoken360 Member

Ok, so now I have upgraded my xbox with a 300 gig hd. From what I have read from other posts and personal experiance I can't sign onto xbox live or else my eeprom will get banned. From what I've read this is because the serial number of the upgraded hd will not match the serial number that according to microsoft's records is linked with my eeprom. I believe that this is how my last xbox got banned and I don't want it to happen again. Is this true and is there any way to change the hd seral number on my 300 gig hd to match the serial number of the original hd?

THANKS FOR ANY HELP!

2. theridges

theridges Guest

Yes the only way to use an upgraded HD on live is too create an XBL account after you have installed the Larger HD...
    its just like you said if you do it the other way the eeproms wont match and you will get banned..

3. spoken360

spoken360 Member

Wouldn't my eeprom get banned as soon as I connect to XBL to create a new account? Or would I creat the account on a different xbox and transfer it via a memmory card?

4. theridges

theridges Guest

no not aslong as you create a new account before you mod the new HD....
    i have a 80 GB Drive in my box that i go onlive with all the time...

5. spoken360

spoken360 Member

ok so I need to wipe the HD, reinstall the original xbox dashboard through xboxhdm, create a new account, and then soft mod the new HD?

This doesnt make sense because doesnt XBL check the eeprom and HD serial number as soon as you connect not matter what you are doing, whether it is to create an account or play a game or is it specific just to account gamertags?

6. spoken360

spoken360 Member

Sorry I just really want to get this right so I dont get banned again. Original xboxs that are not banned and in good condition seem to be dissapearing quickly

7. scott2k7

scott2k7 Guest

wel anyways there isnt many games taht wil actually cum out for normal xbox these days especially microsoft games

8. spoken360

spoken360 Member

True but it's a much easier to pack up my original xbox and take to my friends house to play halo than my 360 lol :)

9. scott2k7

scott2k7 Guest

lol microsoft is loads better tahn sony dont ya tink cos microsoft brought out the xbox and beat sony and the 360 came out 18 months b4 and still pasted sony

10. spoken360

spoken360 Member

The 360 is way better than the Playstation 3. Yeah the graphics may be a little bit better for the Playstation but Sony is so lame!!! I mean come on, Playstation 3...what are they going to come out with next the Playstation 4. Then there is the user interface, it's the same as the psp for godsake. Can these people not come up with anything new lol.

11. theridges

theridges Guest

Yes thats exactly what you need to do.....
    when your upgrading the HD using XboxHDM just put microsoft files into the C Folder and leave the E Empty this will give you a stock MS HD....

after that put your new XBL account on that Xbox...

than softmod the xbox using SID 4.5 i have it on my links page and use the dual boot option (open=Retail)...

and you will be fine....

Note**you have to create a new gamertag you cant use your old one...

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 29, 2007
  12. spoken360

spoken360 Member

Awesome...thanks you've been a great help! :)

13. theridges

theridges Guest

alrighty...if you have any other questions just ask :)