1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

xbox live

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by JoeKikass, Oct 22, 2004.

1. JoeKikass

JoeKikass Member

can i play burnt games on xbox live????

2. Achilles3

Achilles3 Guest

Eh I doubt that you can. Live scans for modchip. Since you need a modchip on to play backups, there's no way. I've been reading that people can somehow boot the backup with the modchip on then turn it off.

What I don't understand is that, when you boot up your backup with a modchip on, the bootup bios would be saved in the XBOX's cache memory. So that would mean that the XBOX is still operating as though the modchip is still on even though when it's off. So eventually you will be banned sooner or later.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]"I have a sexy accent and make one mean cup of coffee."[/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 22, 2004
  3. .:D3LL:.

.:D3LL:. Member

No it is not possible to play burnt games which have been either backed up to the hard drive or been copied 2 a dvd. As M$ does scan your xbox for a mod chip, as i have recently expirienced. So all the things people say about being able to do it is a load of crap :D, sorry 2 dissapoint you :D

4. Achilles3

Achilles3 Guest

I thought so. Thanks for clarifying that up.

5. JoeKikass

JoeKikass Member

thanks for the info guys

6. Pat_b_30

Pat_b_30 Guest

but guys you can still play online with your burnt or backed up games...just use the program "xbox connect"...its online play for only people who have mod chips

7. Achilles3

Achilles3 Guest

Yeah XBConnect will let you play online but it's not like LIVE at all, LIVE lets you download updates and extras.

8. cja100

cja100 Guest

XB Connect is worthless for anything but halo because there's hardly any uses for other games. tell me off if im wrong.

9. Pat_b_30

Pat_b_30 Guest

well you're right but im a huge halo fan so i guess it works out for me