1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

xbox magically deleted

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by srboss, Dec 14, 2004.

1. srboss

srboss Member

so i came home and my xbox loads only on the evox screen. have not a single app, only flash bios menu, settings, backup, boot ms dboard.

anyone no what happened.
    olayed games last night, rebooted machine and turned it off. either i could have ruined it that way, or someone deleted all my stuff

2. srboss

srboss Member

also, i boot ms dboard and it has this wierd green screen with a hundred different languages and has the numebr 21 in big numbers in the corner. it says contact some support thing.

and i know i spelt know wrong in the previous post, ha

thanks for the help

3. ATIROCKS

ATIROCKS Regular member

Looks like you preety much screwed. Something has happened to the software on your xbox and it can no longer perform properly. You have a couple options available to resolve the issue:

Replace the motherboard and hard drive as a pair

Replace the hard drive

Repair the data on the hard drive

p.s: heres a link on how to do it... http://www.llamma.com/xbox/Repairs/13-21.htm

p.p.s: basically what 21 means is that the xbox has detected an error but does not know why, and is told to display this when it doesnt know what is going on.

4. srboss

srboss Member

how does something just happen. did my hd fry, did someone have to do something to it, liek mess with the settings???

5. srboss

srboss Member

basically i would like to know, is it my fault, or did it just happen.
    thanks

6. ATIROCKS

ATIROCKS Regular member

Can you still boot up into evox or any dashboard?

7. srboss

srboss Member

yes, evox loads, but the ms dashboard when i go to it doesnt. in evox, i only have the options of reboot, power off, settings, flash bios, which when i try to run have an error, and backup.

8. srboss

srboss Member

sorry for multiple posts, but i also rd somewhere that 21 means someone told the machine to reboot with a flag, which causes the machine to not work.

9. rbrice

rbrice Member

The first law of electronic Newton:

"Data can neither be created nor destroyed, just made unaccessible".

If you didn't "Delete" it, or if someone else didn't "Delete" it, then it's still there. Sounds to me that there were options which were toggled (inavertantly) which disallows normal bootup. For example, if you installed new hardware, is everything set up correctly? Are cables (jumper) plugged in fully and in the correct spot(s)? Also, did you make a change to the bootup? What I would do is mentally retrace all of the steps you took since you last turned on/off your system without a problem. Then undo each of those steps.

If you computer got 'fried', then there could be millions of reasons ranging from a virus that tells your system's fan (or other cooling system) to shut down to physical dammage.

Just retrace your steps and if that doesn't work - seek professional help. Be careful about bringing it to a microsoft partner though. They may report your modifications and question your intentions.

Good luck. Just bought my xbox and love it as if it were my own child!

G'night, Rob

10. ATIROCKS

ATIROCKS Regular member

If you could still boot up into evox you should have a ftp link enabled, then just ftp over, and check whats on the hdd and check the evox.ini file for any incorrect file paths or stuff.

11. SFisher21

SFisher21 Regular member

quit freaking out everything is fine. the best way to fix this is to just ftp the xbox and reinstall evox. hopefully you made a backup of your original xbox hd untouched. just ftp that back over to the xbox. then install evo x.

12. srboss

srboss Member

it's not that im freaking out. it's more like i wanna know if someone else did it so i can kill them. my buddy is gonna fix it, that's not so much the problem, it's a little to advanced for me. but thx for all your help