1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

xbox matrix modchip

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by InFaMoUs7, May 29, 2003.

1. InFaMoUs7

InFaMoUs7 Guest

i am not new to this i had a xbox with the engimah.. i just got a new xbox and i bought a new chip the matrix modchip.. it came with a programmer.. anyone know where there is a turorial for this.. and i also want to kno which are the best bios to install on the matrix..

2. TallMagZ

TallMagZ Member

Yea I am also looking for any good info..By the way I fix alot of Stripped bolts and such.Try filling a bad strip with tooth picks.Place a tooth pick in the hole and snap it off do again and again until full this time dont over tightn..;) MAGZ

3. darthnip

darthnip Moderator Staff Member

Last edited: May 29, 2003
  4. InFaMoUs7

InFaMoUs7 Guest

who ever is reading this please tell me the bios u have anyone..

5. darthnip

i run the D6 blue bios

6. InFaMoUs7

InFaMoUs7 Guest

do they run good? and also the color of the bios means the color of the X that will appear?

7. darthnip

yeah it works fine, and yes thats correct, the blue bios will give you the blue X logo, same for the red. it's an easy way to tell if the bios is working.

8. brian0418

brian0418 Member

I am very extremely new at this and don't really know a thing about this stuff, I just want one ;). When it says "Flash Upgradable" what exactly does this mean, and what features does it start as opposed to not "flashed". Also it says "Programmer included" could someone tell what this is too? Sorry for the trouble!

Thanks Alot !!!

9. darthnip

flash upgradable means the bios of the chip can be changed either thru the programmer or thru the evox dashboard. it comes with a programmer because they have to ship the chips without a bios on it, you use the programmer and connect it to your PC with the chip attached to it and flash a bios to the chip using winLPC. after it's installed in the xbox you can flash it from the evox menu.