1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox Mod Mess-up

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by stephen79, Feb 20, 2005.

1. stephen79

stephen79 Member

Hey I modified my X-box a little while ago and now I'm getting a flickering start-up screen that is in black and white. I can see the normal start up screen but like I said its flickering and in black and white.
    Any ideas as to what caused this and how to fix it?

2. qbano

qbano Member

more info needed..how did you mod it? (flash, chip softmod?) can you undo what you did...is it the normal boot up just black and white..does the dashboard load? what happens if you try to laod a game

3. pushinair

pushinair Member

I'm having the same problem. Have an Xecuter 2.6 that I soldered in using the pin header installation. I got it all going and it powered up just fine, except the vertical shift of the picture was off and it was all black and white. I tried flashing the bios anyway and now the chip turns on, then off, then on, then off, then it stays on and the LED for the eject button flashes on and off. email me at jeramyr@msn.com if you guys find a fix. I'm working on it 2nite, so let me know what you find out.

4. mdsup

mdsup Guest

check your solder points...you probably have a cold joint, and aren't getting a good connection with some of your solder points.

5. stephen79

stephen79 Member

My problem is the solder.. from what I was told by a friend that looked at it. The guy that did the install used too much solder..
    Any idea how to remove the solder without messing up the motherboard?

6. Macdawgg

Macdawgg Regular member

Use a solder-sucker you can pick one up from radio-shack if your not comfortable soldering have a friend do it for you.