1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox Mod Questions (Buying service, updating, burning)

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by martin280, Dec 3, 2007.

1. martin280

martin280 Member

Hi Guys.

I've decided to post my questions here because it looks like there are many knowledgeable and helpful people here. It's just around Christmas so I wanted to give myself a present!

I'm interested in having my Xbox 360 Modded. I have looked at tutorials, but to put it simple, I have a laptop and lack some of the hardware required. So I was wondering:

1) Is there a reputable service where I can send my Xbox 360 in to get it modded?
    2) How could I go about updating the firmware with my laptop, ie, do I need any special hardware or can I use a thumbdrive for example.

I'm willing to purchase the necessary hardware add-ons for my laptop if I need any.

This brings me to the second part. Assuming I can upgrade the firmware, I will need to burn games. From my understanding that requires a very certain kind of DVD Burner that can do a certain thing.

3) Can anybody recommend an external DVD Burner that is compatible?

I will most likely go on a Newegg shopping spree to get what I need, assuming it is doable.

I would really appreciate any help that I can get with the process of buying a modding service, keeping the firmware up to date, and burning games with my laptop. Thank you.

2. martin280

martin280 Member

I apologize for posting twice in a row, I didn't see the edit message button originally-- only edit title.

I would like to note that I have a Samsung drive I believe. I've never opened up the case, but assume that from the drive tray. You can see the tray here to see whether I am correct.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 3, 2007
  3. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

I'm afraid you'll have to ask this question in the 'Xbox 360' forum. I know a bit about flashing the 360, I don't think a laptop will do it, you need SATA ports and a certain chipset type.

Again, ask in the 360 forum, this is just a plain old regular Xbox forum (which is way cooler then the 360)

;)

4. martin280

martin280 Member

Haha! I didn't even notice my mistake, uh oh! :)

The Xbox is cool too of course! It's like the founding father. ;)