1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox Modding Process

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by dab0ne, Mar 12, 2010.

1. dab0ne

dab0ne Regular member

Ok guys. I have found 1 million tutorials on how to do this but my problem is I think I found too much information. I want to softmod my xbox and upgrade my HDD. I have all the stuff I need. I have splinter cell, an HDD, an Action Replay and an xbox. What I need is to know the very basic order of operation. So from what I gather, here is what I should do:

1. Softmod
    2. Pause and get my EEPROM
    3. Finish Softmod
    4. FTP
    5. Upgrade HDD

Just let me know if this is correct, incorrect, or if im missing something. Thanks

2. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

3. dab0ne

dab0ne Regular member

Cool. Thanks creaky.

UPDATE: I got that bad boy working but I have a new problem. I posted this at the end of another post but I figured I would post it here so you would be one of the first ones to see it creaky. Here goes:

Im having trouble with xboxhdm. I put the disc in and it loads up just fine. I connect my new HDD and press 1. I hit enter and I get a message that says:

"You passed an undefined mode number. Wait 30 sec."

afterwards I get redirected to the correct menu where I type "xboxhd" (without the quotes of course). After I hit enter I get a message saying:

"This script assumes /dev/hda is the device to be used for creating or rescueing an xbox harddrive
    No disk drive found on /dev/hda (primary master)!
    Shotdown, connect a drive and reboot"

I have my new HDD set as the master with the jumper, and I have the master cable plugged into the back of the HDD. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2010
  4. C4RN1

C4RN1 Regular member

If you access your bios does it show your xbox hdd as the primary master?

5. dab0ne

dab0ne Regular member

how do I access my Bios? I have everything set up to where i can do that. I have and FTP and my system is fully soft modded, i just don't know what to do to check the bios. I guess what i'm saying that i dont know where to look for that information.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2010
  6. C4RN1

C4RN1 Regular member

When you start your computer you will see your manufacturers splash screen. It should say press "esc" for setup.

So keep tapping escape and it should load the bios setup. If it says press "F2" for setup then you press F2 instead. It's pretty simple, just look at hardware page on bios config and see if your hard drive shows up. If not then switch the ide cable and make sure you have it plugged in right.

It has to show up in the bios to work properly.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2010
  7. dab0ne

dab0ne Regular member

duhhh im stupid... I didnt know you meant the computer BIOS. I did what you said and that shit worked!!! THank you so much dude... Huge Help. oh and mine was actually F1 to get to the bios ;)

Last edited: Mar 15, 2010
  8. dab0ne

dab0ne Regular member

ok now after I type lockhd -a i get a note saying Drive on primary master is frozen cannot change the security status of a frozen drive. tyr to disable auto detection on the primary ide channel in you PC bios and reboot.

UPDATE: I got it all working. I read on another thread where some guy had the same problem. My problem was similar but my solution was different. After every reboot of my computer I had to unhook my HDD and go back into the BIOS and set the boot options to CD-Rom First and HDD second. It took a little work but with your help, After Dawn forums, and (not to brag) a little ingenuity on my part I got it to work. Thanks guys I really appreciate everything.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2010