1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

xbox needs service...

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by hewburt, Sep 5, 2003.

1. hewburt

hewburt Guest

after the logo comes up it goes straight to a screen that says my xbox needs service.. i know i carelessy ignored that my xbe files dissapeared even from the .zip bert and ernie file. i restarted my xbox thinkin it would still work n i get that screen.. i tried to connect to it with the ftp program so i could put in all the original stuff.. it wont connect.. help me.. im screwed

2. alexatkin

alexatkin Member

You will need to boot from a DVD/CD with Evox setup on it to ftp the files back.

3. hewburt

hewburt Guest

i forgot to mention that i was running evox from the 007 gamesave. it wont boot anything that i know about which is very little.. i tried to run a slayers auto install off of a cdrw .. keep in mind my xbox is NOT modded in any way, this happened without me ever opening the case.. i opened it last night and tried to access the hard drive through my pc, but then i read that it has to be unlocked.. well hmm... it wont unlock even if i do try the swap trick because it goes straight to the requires service screen.. no error #, just Your xbox requires service. contact customer service yada yada. someone irc said it wont unlock the hard drive from where its at. i havent tried the trick yet but i might just do that in a few here... i was thinking i could find an xbox hdd image off the net but so far no luck. that way i could use the hdd preparer on a diff hard drive so unlockin the xbox hdd is unnecessary. also installing a mod chip along with the new hdd. i dont know though.. any suggestions will be helpful.

4. alexatkin

alexatkin Member

This is exactly the reason why a modchip or flashing the onboard BIOS is the safest option as without a mod if you break the dashboard you are pretty much screwed.

Im not aware of anything, other than using a mod chip, that can fix your situation.