1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

xbox no video/ ntscj setting

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by qspan2000, Apr 23, 2004.

1. qspan2000

qspan2000 Guest

I have read previous post and found out what my problem is. I accidently changed setting to japan. I also know that i will need enigmah video select to correct problem. I have found that, my problem is I need step by step for extracting file, adding dummy file and the burning process as far as adding a dummy file and how to burn image to dvd-r.

thanks

2. sheri1983

sheri1983 Member

I don't know if this will be helpful, but TeamXecuter has tutorials on creating dummyfile, burning to DVD & CD, how to create xbox iso, etc. Here is the link-->http://www.teamxecuter.com/modules.php?name=Tutorials&page=6

Could you tell me how you your setting to Japan? I've heard of people accidentally switching from PAL <---> NTSC. Since I don't know they've done this, I'm afraid I may fall into the same trap!

3. qspan2000

qspan2000 Guest

i was in slayers xbmc trying to find default setting for dvd parental control. In xbmc there is a heading called settings. There is PAL/ NTSCJ and NTSC not knowing i changed to ntscj by mistake.

4. sheri1983

sheri1983 Member

Are your monitors PAL or NTSC? Is the NTSC for Japan different from NTSC for North America?

5. MikeDDR

MikeDDR Regular member

Enigmah is supposed to be in .ISO format so you just burn the image. Or if not then make an .ISO of Enigmah using IsoCraxtion. When you boot the CD-RW then at the main screen press B and then turn off the xbox... If it doesn't work boot again then press A at the main screen then turn off. Eventually you'll pull it off!

6. qspan2000

qspan2000 Guest

i guess the monitor is different. there is ntscu for america ans ntscj for japan

7. qspan2000

qspan2000 Guest

i tried burning file to dvd but did not work once loaded. I read somewhere where one person had to add a dummy file to trick box into reading it. this is what i will be trying next

8. qspan2000

qspan2000 Guest

thanks to all who responded. I am back playing my box. Bet i won't do that again :)

9. rishad

rishad Member

hi... I'm having the same problem that u had... set my xbox to ntsc-j and now no video.. :(

can u plz tell me how u fixed the problem?
    (my email is deeper_color@yahoo.com)

10. djboogie

djboogie Regular member

download enigmah from xbins (use mirc, efnet server)
    then create the iso with the extracted files with qwix or craxtion
    burn to a disc that will read on your xbox
    (use media you know will work)
    if you have your xbox set to NOT automatically load games etc, reboot when disc is in, wait a while, press b on your controller, reboot.

sorry mike lol just saw you wrote basically the same thing:)

Also you can use xbmp , but there is a certain way and order to use the joypad, I forget it offhand, but it does work, however enigmah is the easiest.
    Dont get enigmah confused with the same way you make a bios disc, forget dummy files, make the disc like you would make an xbox backup etc. (use craxtion or qwix)
    It does work, as I did the same thing too a while back
    should be back to normal
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]PC SPEC: XP 3000+ (overclocked) asus 2x fsb 400, 768mb ddr 2700, ati pro 128mb, pioneer a106 w/ hacked firmware
    XBOX SPEC: ver.1.2 with Xecuter 2.3-4983 bios,80gb hdd,Samsung sdg605,evox,xbmc,xbmp,dvdxr,xprogear,
    mame0x w/ 1,500 roms, kawax w/ 100 roms[/small]

Last edited: May 28, 2004
  11. rishad

rishad Member

WORKED... thx a lot man!

12. popozao

popozao Member

i think i may have a similar problem. i remember messing with the settings in the media player, i may switched it to a japan setting. But not only am i not getting any video but my system keeps rebooting over and over.

13. rishad

rishad Member

download and load Enigmah... and when press B blindly when it loads.. restart... and problem solved!

14. samt

samt Member

I have read all the post and I have try all the solutions that you guys are giving and is not working.
    My xbox when from working fine to a black picture, I try to changed the video display in the media player and it frost on me, then I turn it off and on and now I'm getting a black screen with flashing lights red and green.
    where do we get the enigmah? and do I have to create a dummy file? the enigmah that I have is in ISO (I download from another site)how do I put them together?
    can you also tell me how to burn the disc maybe I burn it wrong. please help me I'm new to this.

15. djboogie

djboogie Regular member

if you get little jonnys installer, then enigmah is on that too, right down at the botom of the menu