1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XBOX on a rear-projsection LCD?

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by roccy82, May 3, 2004.

1. roccy82

roccy82 Member

Hello,
    I was just wondering if anyone knows if xbox can be played on a rear-projection LCD safetly? I am purchasing a Samsung 60" (150cm) and i just wanna know if playing xbox on it will effect it or not. I know plasma uses static images which can burn, but LCD doesnt?

2. liquid51

liquid51 Regular member

Rear projection LCD? Isn't that an oxymoron?
    Anyway, you'll be fine. I always try not to leave a fixed image on the screen for too long no matter what kind of tv I'm using. Better safe than sorry.

3. djboogie

djboogie Regular member

rear proj lcd? errrrrr

anyway on rear projection tvs, I have heard people having a few problems, and screen "burn" all I can say is it really depends on how big, how long its kept on, and what kind of games you play.
    I put a modded box in a house and set it up on their rear projection, and it looked awful, she said it was the tv, did it with the PS2 she had too, yet played dvd movies real well.

4. roccy82

roccy82 Member

rear projection LCD is a little different to, normal rear projection because it does not "burn" in becuae it doesnt produce static images.

5. ShadoweX

ShadoweX Member

I was looking at those rear projection TVs and they look awesome with movies. But has anyone seen an Xbox or PS2 hooked up? I am curious of the quality with games. Normal rear projection TVs are just horrible... a waste of money.