1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox only sees 120 gb instead of 250gb

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by Engtech, Mar 24, 2005.

1. Engtech

Engtech Member

Ok I have been at my Xbox for the last few days now and I am getting close to where it needs to be. I finally got my games from my old harddrive to transfer to my new harddrive. Now my Xbox only sees 120gb instead of 250gb. I want to say that I think I flashed my BIOS with EVOXM8 but I am not sure. I was told all I had to do was stick my disk in and turn the Xbox on, whenever I did that nothing happened. But I think I was able to flash it going through the x-ice os. Is there something I can do to fix the problem???

2. bennyd

bennyd Member

Ok first off if you have the M8 bios or the M8plus_16 bios u will need to patch it with Evtool so that the bios will support a HDD above 137GB. So you will have to patch your bios and reflash your chip. Make sure that u have Use F Drive and Use G Drive in your evox.ini file set to yes. Hope that this helps.

3. Datalife

Datalife Regular member

If you have the 1.6 version,just download EvoxM8_16LBA to flash your bios and it will recognize hard drives bigger than 13o gig.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2005
  4. bennyd

bennyd Member

Where can you get that bios at. I have been patching the M8 Plus_16 bios with Evtool. It would be alot easier if i could just download the M8 Plus_16LBA bios so that i will njot have to patch it. Hope you can tell me.Thanks

5. Datalife

Datalife Regular member

Try eurasia.nu

6. lcarbutt

lcarbutt Regular member

You need to format partition 7.

7. TheMonkII

TheMonkII Member

Both the M8plus and the M8plus_16 are generally packaged together. As Icarbutt said, you need to get the key and format partition 7.

8. bennyd

bennyd Member

Yes i know that u need to format partition 7 but if your bios doesnt have LBA48 support (M8plus and M8plus_16 do not) and you install a larger HDD bigger than 137GB then there will be nothing in partition 7 (G). So you need to patch the bios with EVtool so that your bios can support a 137GB+ HDD. I just wanted to know if you could download the M8 bios already patched but i already got it. Thanks any way!!!