1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XBOX/PC home network

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by sdricks, Dec 23, 2004.

1. sdricks

sdricks Guest

I’m new to the Xbox Mod thing so bear with me. I noticed a hard drive and lan led on the switch that gets mounted to the back of your XBOX when you add the Xecuter 3 mod to your Xbox. Does this mean that you can access Xbox games stored on you PC’s hard drive? If so, can multiple Xbox’s on the same network access the game stored on the PC’s hard drive and play in system link mode or Xbox live mode using that shared game. This would do away with having to add these huge hard drives to your Xbox. You could store your Xbox games on one home network server computer and one or multiple users in the network can access the game or games. Just a thought or question if anyone knows. Can you even use Xbox live with the Xecuter 3 mod activated?

2. bluebus

bluebus Regular member

The hdd and lan leds are for the xbox hdd and lan. You cannot play a game off of a network drive. The game has to be on the local xbox drive. You also cannot go on xbox live with any chip enabled. Well, maybe you can but you will most certainly be banned and will have wasted your money. Instead use a tunneling app like xlink kai. With that you can play any game that supports system link online for free. Yes you can also play with your mod enabled and play games you have stored on your hard drive.

3. sdricks

sdricks Guest

Thanks for the info. I'm going to try Xlink