1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox Pc mod help

Discussion in 'Building a new PC' started by 21Q, Feb 20, 2008.

1. 21Q

21Q Regular member

Well I finally finished my pc in an xbox, but I still need some help. Look Here So there are two things. **Fixed** The first is that I am using a DVD-RW laptop drive. The mobo and the os can't seem to read it. The mobo will tel me it's incompatible and the os will give me an code 10 error. Besides changing out the ide cable I haven't done anything that has gotten me closer to a solution. **Fixed**

I also want to be a better mobo but it has to be the EXACT dimensions of the current mobo. It is a micro atx board and has two ram slots. The peripheral ports also need to be in the same spots as I had to rip off the parallel port, *game port*, and the two ps/2 are covered when the system is closed. The board is similar to this layout here , but the cpu is embeded. Something that is as close to it is fine and the board has to be pc100 ram compatible. The size of the heat sink is also an issue.

Sorry for all the specs but this has been a pain to do since day 1.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2008
  2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

motherboards don't have 2 parallel ports just 1 so you must mean 2 serial ports. your link doesn't work. are you using an adapter that goes from ide to laptop ide? do you have it connected right & have power to it?

3. 21Q

21Q Regular member

Yeah I made an error on the port name. I have fixed the code 10 error and it turns out that the adapter wasn't getting full contact so I took off the metal on the back of the drive, works fine now.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2008
  4. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

amd or intel board needed?

5. 21Q

21Q Regular member

I really have no preference concerning this computer. I just need to get at least 2.0ghz. But my personal preference is AMD, mainly because I like the under dog.

6. 21Q

21Q Regular member

7. 21Q

21Q Regular member

Well I know I'm going to have spend more money than I was willing to pay for ddr2 ram. Oh well. If I never actually buy a new mother bpard then will turn this into a linux box and what happens from there.

8. abuzar1

abuzar1 Senior member

DDR2 ram is so cheap these days. Much cheaper than DDR.