1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox powers on only occasionally

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by bange, Dec 11, 2009.

1. bange

bange Member

I've had this problem for a long time. The problem is that my xbox powers on very seldom. Sometimes it tries to load the dashboard but then the red ring starts flashing and the screen gives error code 7(refers to HDD error). Sometimes absolutely nothing happens when I press the power button. Usually i eventually get to the dashboard just by trying to boot it MANY times. Could the problem be power supply? I don't think that it's the harddrive because when I get the xbox to start normally, it reads and writes everything flwalessly. I have checked the cable connections and removed all the dust and dirt from it. Any ideas?

More info:
    I've had the console in my closet for almost a year. Last week I tried to start it and it booted correctly on the 1st try. Now couple days later I try to start it again and nothing happens when I press the power on -button. It "tries" to start for about a second (I can hear a very quiet sound within it) then it stops.

2. ace916

ace916 Member

is it softmodded or hard modded. if hard modded issue with connection on mod chip

3. scum101

scum101 Guest

First step is to try a new ide cable.

4. bange

bange Member

It's hard modded.

I have unplugged HD and DVD and it still doesn't start. So I guess the problem is PSU, MB or mod-chip.