1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

xbox problem help ( i think its the dvd drive)

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by shla, Oct 25, 2007.

1. shla

shla Member

hi its not my xbox its my brother he turn it on and herd a crackle noise he turn it off but when he turn it again it went to the date an time screen but the led turns green and dvd door opens fine he thinks the disc isnt spinning could it be the spindle motor he didnt say if there was an error number

2. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

Yeah, we'll nee more info and exactly what is wrong before we can start guessing!

3. shla

shla Member

all he told my was when he turn it on it made a noise an went to the date and time screen and when he press A nothing happens it stay on the date an time screen maybe the disc isnt spining or the laser is bad

4. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

So he can't control it at all?

It's very hard to tell you to tell someone else, and then for them to tell you to tell me...

Get where I'm going!?

Either get hold of the console and we'll talk you through it or get your friend to log on himself!

;)

5. shla

shla Member

hi i called him last night an told again that it goes to the date and time srceen when he turn it on an he cant control it i mean when he presses A nothing happens he said he heard a crackle noise like something broke hes mailing it to me i dont know when ill get it does it sound bad have you ever heard of something like this before

6. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

No, sounds new to me, however there are some good points about it!

We'll get it fixed!

;)

7. shla

shla Member

hey chunkhead sorry it took so long he said he's just gonna get a new one now. i have a problem with one of my controller the xboxs keeps telling me to reconnect the controller but its not disconnected i think it may be the cord is bad or somethink. how do you fix that desorlder an resolder a new one on do they sell cords?. are the xbox live an the 360 live different i mean can some with a xbox play with some that has a 360 online. thanks for the help

8. shla

shla Member

can you take the cord from a wird 360 controller and solder it to a xbox s-controller my cord was bad on my s-controller

9. shla

shla Member

i got a 1.0,1.1 motherboard does it matter what size capacitor goes were on the board i got one that is missing one and i dont have the # that all it needs to work it a barrel looking one and its should work thats what the poeple on ebay said its back and gray.