1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

xbox problems... please help!

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by minshin, May 23, 2004.

1. minshin

minshin Member

I had my xbox modded not too long ago, maybe about a week ago, and whenever i play my xbox makes this squeaky noise every 10 ~ 20 minutes that last about 2 seconds, does anyone know what that sound is?? Also, sometimes when I play my xbox crashes in game. Is that because it's running off my hard drive? should my xbox not crash? Do I need a fan to cool my xbox down if I have a 7200 rpm hard drive installed in it? thanks for ALL your guys' help, I really appreciate it.

2. liquid51

liquid51 Regular member

The squeak is probably just a fan getting a little funky on you. It could be having problems when the cpu is heating up and fan voltage is increased to regulate the temperature. When the fan doesn't help cool the cpu as it should, the xbox will shut down as a safety precaution. It could be the cause of the crash your experiencing. Open up the box and monitor the fan while playing a game (a game that crashes regularly) and see if you can't locate where that sqeak is coming from. Then again, it could also be your hdd getting funky too. Hopefully it's your fan, as that would be an easy fix.
    Anyway, I'm not 100% on this, but the first thing you need to do is take apart your box and track it down.