1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XBOX/PS2-PC via USB converter suggestions?

Discussion in 'Linux - General discussion' started by marx2k, Jul 24, 2007.

1. marx2k

marx2k Guest

I have a 4xPlayStation2 to PC USB adapter from Lik-Sang that works in Windows but freezes up Linux as soon as I plug it in to the USB port. Im running Ubuntu Fiesty 7.04 right now -- I am wondering if anyone here have any suggestions for me to get something that will allow me to use either my Playstation 2 or XBOX controllers with Linux?

(Without modifying the actual controller hardware)

A link would be helpful

2. deadlove

deadlove Guest

There's an xbox controller driver for windows called xpad.exe
    This may be installable under wine, or possibly with one of the other wrapper applications..

I'm sure nobody else here has any ideas, as usual check in your distro forums.

3. marx2k

marx2k Guest

Yep, thats the one that requires modification of the actual hardware for the controller -- welp, back to ubuntuforums

4. killaklan

killaklan Regular member

1. grab a usb cable that you dont use anymore and cut the end where you put it into your pc's usb port.

2. cut the end of a xbox controller

3. solder the usb end to the controller

4. plug n play

this may or may not work, I saw this a couples years ago...as for the ps2 controller, your sh!t outta luck w/ that

Last edited: Jul 26, 2007
  5. marx2k

marx2k Guest

Yeah, I've seen instructions on how to do that but I dont want to butcher my XBox controller or really deal with hardware modification at all. I think I have seen a link recently for one converter that DOES work with PS2 controllers for linux. The search term for google is what escapes me though :(

6. killaklan

killaklan Regular member