1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox question

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by Basher13, Sep 5, 2007.

1. Basher13

Basher13 Member

Recently I was attempting to ftp into my xbox using my laptop (wireless connection), I read through several forums and discovered that I need a crossover cable not the Cat5 cable I was using. Prior to discovering this I had been attempting to change settings within the Avalaunch dashboard. Suddenly an error message stating changes something about changes couldn't be made due to an eeprom error. I started my xbox today and booted avalaunch when I did this my led changed from green to red. Do I have a problem to be concerned about?

2. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

Maybe? Probably not though! Most dashboards change the LED colour. Have you got a modchip installed?

3. Basher13

Basher13 Member

Not sure if I have a chip or a soft mod. X-box was purchased from auction site. Is there a way to determine whether there is a chip or not (without having to open the X-box)?

4. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

The easiest way is to try and boot a 'Slayers' disc. If it'll boot, it's modchipped and then you can just reset the eeprom!