1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

xbox recovery disc

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by tocen, Jul 5, 2007.

1. tocen

tocen Member

i have a system 16 error for my xbox original and i downloaded this xbox recovery disc ISO. Can i put it on a cd-rw. what program do i use to burn it to a cd?
    im using this video to help me fix my xbox, without eeprom(youtube.com/watch?v=07MSbQPYhFc&mode=user&search=)

2. DrKePhRiM

DrKePhRiM Member

I dunno about that...but you should try hotswapping.

Hotswapping

3. kyle00

kyle00 Member

you can burn the disc image in Nero or Alcohol 120% and i would burn it on a CD-R just incase your box won't read RW's

4. tocen

tocen Member

i cant hotswap because my pc doesnt have 2 IDE cords and the cd was supposed to go in the pc. Is there any other way i can restore my xbox's c and e drives? Am i going to have to buy a new hard drive?

Last edited: Jul 6, 2007
  5. kyle00

kyle00 Member

you can hot swap.....make your PC so it boots to cd...this can usually be done when it first boots...it will say like boot menu or bios menu....and then after you have that set...put your cd in...turn it off...hotswap...and then unplug your computer hard drive and plug in your xbox hd using your pc's ide cable that was in the back of the computer hard drive and respective power cable.