1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XBox Softmod issue, Splinter Cell won't recognize save gave (Solved)

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by OldHax, May 6, 2010.

1. OldHax

OldHax Member

Hi everyone, I've read through a few of the existing threads and grasped a few hints on doing this. I softmodded a handful of systems years back and a friend shipped me their working xbox (K: 1.00.5101.01, D: 1.00.5960.01) to softmod.

I use the AR and USB method and I still have the same 64mb flash drive that worked previously however this xbox didn't recognize the save game within Splinter Cell after I copied it over from the flash drive. AR and the xbox both recognize the flash drive fine.

So I did what anyone who hasn't done a hack in a while did and researched it. I found SID 5 (I used 3 previously) and subsequently found reliable RARs of SID4. I've tried all of them but none work. I am still using the same version of Splinter Cell (510130-disc NTSC) as years ago but it just doesn't see the Linux save game.

What other facts can I give you...

-Reformatted the flash drive to fat32 in a PC then reformatted using AR.
    -Attempted to use the "Community" in AR to download the Linux savegame/installer without verifying the version though it also wasn't recognized by Splinter Cell either.

Thank you VERY much for the time you take to reply. I can screenshot anything if it will help.

2. OldHax

OldHax Member

Wow, nevermind... after registering I found this: http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/311710

and the nknave version of the SID4 installer. it worked like a champ... I'm still really curious why it wasn't working before but at least it's working now.