1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox softmod Problem

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by tri955i1, Feb 23, 2009.

1. tri955i1

tri955i1 Member

I have a softmodded xbox (xbmc) but i have recently deactivated it, i dont know how i did it and i would like to know how to reactivate it if that is possible. It has xbox media center on it, as you can probably guess i don't really have a clue. I would be grateful if anyone could help me with this problem.

Many Thanks

Tri955i1

2. locobrown

locobrown Regular member

The evoxdash.xbe file parameters must have changed. Does your box boot into another dashboard?

3. tri955i1

tri955i1 Member

hi thanks for getting back

well no it just boots into the xbox screen but will only load a game if you load it first .turn off then turn on xbox it does not auto load anymore
    thanks tri955i1

4. locobrown

locobrown Regular member

Your missing the MS Dash you say? You boot the box without a game and an error code displays on screen right? But you can load games by doing a cold boot. You need a clean MS Dash. Use the exploit disc and FTP into the box and copy the MS Dash into the C:/ partition. After you have done this, you will then be able to softmod.
    http://rapidshare.com/files/14478719/ms-dash-mik3h.rar

5. locobrown

locobrown Regular member

Can you run backups? If you can, you will won't need to download the MS Dash. You will need an "Auto Installer Deluxe" disc. You can download this iso through a torrent. You will able to restore your dash, and if you haven't heard of this disc, it has all the emulators and apps that you will ever need. I recommend that you download it if you havent done so already.

6. tri955i1

tri955i1 Member

Hi

thanks for your reply all of you

i dont get any error codes i turn on the box and the xbox screen comes on with nothing just the screen
    i cant play backups on it at as ive never tried it will only load a game if it is turned on so i can open the disc drawer then i close it and turn the box off then i turn the box back on and it will load the game

im realy sorry for being a bit vague but i realy havent a clue
    i thank you all for you help

thankyou tri955i1

7. sergiovv

sergiovv Regular member

softmodded again

do you know how??
    if you dont know just search here in the site/.
    once i tried to play a game in live in a softmodded xbox and it did unmodded it so i just did softmodded again but this time i used the hacked ms dash option and now it doesnt do that anymore not matter if my son tries to go live again.

8. tri955i1

tri955i1 Member

Hi thanks for your reply

im sorry i dont know how i did it you see i dont get any of the options on the xbox screen just the logo
    so i cant even softmod using action replay or thumb drive
    as you can see im pretty stuck

many thanks

tri955i1

9. chucklaw

chucklaw Guest

Hi Tri,
    Put in the game that you used to do the softmod - Splinter Cell or whatever. Load up the Linux save and you'll get into the Softmod menu. There's a filemanager application in there and what's might have happened is that you may have renamed your .xbe by accident. Make sure it's evox.xbe not evor.xbe or something. If that's not the problem maybe re-install the softmod and then copy over the xbmc when you've got FTP access.
    Cheers,
    Chuck

10. tri955i1

tri955i1 Member

Hi chuck
    unfortunatley i did not softmod the box a friend of mine gave it to my lads so i do not know which game it was so as you can see i am still snookered

many thanks tri955i1

11. sergiovv

sergiovv Regular member

then you will need another modded and working xbox along with the slayer disc or an eeprom reader.

12. silent714

silent714 Regular member

If you can still play games then you can use AID (auto installer deluxe) to install a new dashboard.

13. tri955i1

tri955i1 Member

hi

thanks for your reply and help i have a chipped box would i be able to remod it from that box and if so how

many thanks
    tri955i1

14. chucklaw

chucklaw Guest

Not sure if there's much you can do with your chipped Box but if you don't want to use the AID method someone else suggested (which I've never tried either), I would suggest you pick up a used copy of Splinter Cell.
    They are pretty easy to come by (in Dublin anyway). I've seen plenty in GameStop shops and they're generally around the 5 euros mark so it won't break the bank (make sure you get an original copy and not the Platinum Edition). Of course the softmod might have been done with Mech Assault in which case Splinter Cell won't be any good to you but hey, it's only 5 squid so no big deal.
    Assuming your box was modded with Splinter Cell, once you load up the game go to the load game screen and select the LINUX game save - That'll get you into the Softmod screen and you can try a re-install of the softmod and then FTP the XBMC files over. If that all sounds like double-dutch to you, have a look for tutorials on it.
    Good luck!
    Chuck

15. tri955i1

tri955i1 Member

hi chuck

thanks for the advice i think that im getting the drift of how to do it so here i go

i will follow what you say and the rest is up to the gods LOL

thanks again

tri955i1

16. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

The Platinum edition of Splinter Cell is perfectly fine for softmodding, i use Platinum myself..

17. tri955i1

tri955i1 Member

Thanks to everyone who has helped me I now have a soft modded box again I managed to do it i feel kinda clever ish LOL

many thanks to all

tri955i1

18. chucklaw

chucklaw Guest

Hi Tri,
    Delighted you got it sorted. Did you get Splinter Cell in the end or did you do it some other way?
    Creaky, didn't realise the Platinum version works - any tutorials I've read have stated that the Platinum won't work. Maybe you've an original disk in the Platinum box?
    Anyway, glad you got it sorted Tri.
    Chuck

19. tri955i1

tri955i1 Member

hi chuck

i bought the action replay kit and splinter cell i presume it was the right one as it worked
    it was fairly easy but when you have never done it before it seams a daunting task
    but i must thank you for persisting with me and getting me through the process

many thanks tri955i1

20. Jamestex

Jamestex Member

Hi im new here and im hoping someone can help or point me in the right direction, I bought a modded xbox and i think its xecuter2 will i have everything on it and i was downloading a game on it and it dubed fine well i learned i could rest to the main menu of the xbox by holding all the buttons down well i did that another day and it threw me to a screen thats say there a problem, now when i turn my xbox on it goes to that and not my menu that has all the emulators and hdd info. It just throws up failed to launch or tried to launch and failed, but the weird thing is i can still put in a xbox game burned or org. and it plays. PLEASE HELP ASAP i dont want to throw it if it works