1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox, Softmoded, No Backup, Error #16

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by WeatherPJ, Jul 5, 2006.

1. WeatherPJ

WeatherPJ Member

My friend softmodded his xbox and later decided to upgrade the hd. Something went wrong and he brought it to me and asked me to fix it he has a clone of the C D & E drives and thats about it. If i go get him a chip and install it, would it save me the trouble of eliminating the error 16 and redoing the dash? what is a chip that could do this?

2. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

3. WeatherPJ

WeatherPJ Member

I would have to buy a chip, which I am willing to do because I have a Xbox that the CD drive doesnt work. Is their one that would work better than another because Im looking at an Xecuter 3 CE or an Xecuter 2.6 CE.

4. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

look if you have xbox's DVD drive does not work, then do not buy modchip. Because you will have hard time to flash bios and install dashboard.

5. WeatherPJ

WeatherPJ Member

2 xbox's, 2 differnt problems.

The one with the error #16 was maybe 2 months old refurbished, when it was given to me. Everything is good except for the Softmod gone bad, when he installed the new HD.

The second one is a first release xbox, a friend bought it and basicly never took care of it. He bought a new one and gave the old one to me, because I am a PC not a consol guy. I never bothered to fix it. Probably just needs a good cleaning, but I want to make it into a modded mobile PC, to put music on to play halo and silent scope.

Edit: I was told that the drive could be easly replaced using a second modded xbox.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2006
  6. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

Ok so you want to buy modchip, then get the X3ce solderless modchip.

7. tooxfly

tooxfly Member

first of all, the easiest way to backup your eeprom using evoX is, in the evoX dash go to settings, and then backup. now your eeprom should be in C:/backup. Af for error 16 the easiest way to fix that is to hotswap. tutorial here http://xbox-hq.com/html/xbox-tutorials-161.html

let me know how that goes.