1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox Software: Download Here!!!

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by chunkhead, Sep 4, 2007.

1. gam30v3r

gam30v3r Member

what mod chip do i need there is alot some say no soider needed and when u look at them they show u how 2 soider 2 the board i just took the whole thing apart its a MS motherboard no jumpers there has 2 be away in2 the bios or a way 2 flash the bios without a chip has a CPU don't see any spots as ram sticks i took games apart but nothing like this i fig this should be easy it has a HDD can it be loaded with any files i tried 2 put diff drives in it it kicked them all out 8gb's is not big enough 4 me i need alot of space it has no usb ports nothing auto installers should work without bein modded i downloaded over 10gb's of xbox files all they say is 2 load them in the drive manuly i hooked the hdd up 2 my linux computer that did not work the drive dropped every time i hooked it up 2 my dell windows xp did that by usb and it picked it up but has no drive letter so i could not load it i deal with computers every day it bein MS i thought a few lil tweaks and it will play burned games thats all i want it 2 do is play burned games

2. Drew1990

Drew1990 Member

Can anyone help me? I have a USB controler port and 007. I dont know what software to download.

3. Ruben7919

Ruben7919 Member

Here are some links that may help you and it also tells ypu how to do the usb connecting which i also did...

4. silent714

silent714 Regular member

5. Drew1990

Drew1990 Member

Ive read the tut but i just dont know what software from the list to download

6. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

Eh ?!, you mean you missed my post on top of page 2 - http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_jump.cfm/557450/3558187

Until shortly before my first posts in this thread, i had no idea what to even do with an xbox, will be setting up my 3rd one tonight, just by referring back to this thread...

7. mario612

mario612 Member

@drew1990: What apps and such you put on your xbox all depends on what you plan to use it for, and how much space you have on the drive.
    One thing i will say is XBMC is a must. it is a very nice dash that can play almost any type of media you want it to. other than that, there isn't much more that is "ESSENTIAL" to have. if you want to go on the internet, you can get linksboks. if you want to play old-school games, get some emulators, like surreal64XXX, and XboyAdvance.
    well, that about it. some of these Apps aren't on the list, but i can link you to a place where you can get them if you want.
    Hope your find what you're looking for
    -Mario612

8. Drew1990

Drew1990 Member

I have 007 and a USB hooked up to my controler port. I am cluless and need alot of help. i want the XBMC dash and to be able to play emulators. can any one walk me through it plz?

9. Drew1990

Drew1990 Member

also i have the original hard drive. do i need a bigger one?

10. creaky

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_jump.cfm/557450/3742967

Just last night i used the exact same info to setup another xbox with XBNC as main dash and a 250GB hard drive; i couldn't get SID 5.01 to work (maybe it's because this xbox is an older model than the one i did last time) so i just used SID 4. I listed it all step by step in that link......

edit- no you don't need to swap in a bigger hard drive if you don't want to (obviously you do if you want to store large files on the xbox); the original hard drive is sufficient to run XBMC as the main dash, and is this is sufficient as long as all your media is accessible via your network. If you want to install games on the xbox you'll need a bigger hard drive in there

Last edited: Jan 26, 2008
  11. bonehamm

bonehamm Member

hey does n/e 1 know where Shademands softmod disc would be ive looked in the usuall place (xbins) and its not there

12. creaky

not sure why you'd not want to use the very well known, working softmod discs ?. This is the first thing google had to say about Shademands softmod disc - http://forums.xbox-scene.com/lofiversion/index.php/t517431.html

..i've never heard of it before however i'm fairly new to xboxes, though the fact i've never stumbled onto the name before (in my extensive searching) would seem to suggest it's not very well known/well thought of

13. mario612

mario612 Member

your not the only one, creaky. i know a good amount about xbox's, and i have never heard of shademand's. seeing as there are better and easier ways to softmod xbox's, i would not use it.

14. bonehamm

bonehamm Member

well heres the thread i am trying 2 do considering my xbox is like so tottaly messed i dont even get an error it boots the xbox logo and microsoft and thats it
    game in and evrything no dash board
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/509628

15. mrgooey

mrgooey Regular member

Does the psx emu includes the bios ?

16. Burnasty

Burnasty Regular member

the playstation emulator sucks I wouldn't waste my time with it if I were you. I thought the rule of thumb was in order to get emulation you needed to have atleast 2x the processing power of what you are trying to emulate. The n64 emulation has some lag issues with a lot of the titles I have.

17. varnull

varnull Guest

Nothing wrong with xpcsx emu..It works as well as most of the pc psx emulators apart from some limitations with plugins (who needs em?)..
    Some games will run straight in HLE mode anyways..
    It's n00bs who can't make the right kind of .img file for it that causes all the problems. The xbox drive will not read original psx disks.

It doesn't usually come with the bios.. but google for scph-10001 usually finds one.. You may need the US/Jap version too for some games.

It isn't legal to distribute the bios file, so I assume chunks doesn't either.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 26, 2008
  18. corn

corn Guest

Maybe a ram upgrade? But, do bother with th PSX emulator, it runs nice on my PC, a little lag on my Xbox, but It runs great with Duke Nukem, and thats I want it for ;).

19. Burnasty

Burnasty Regular member

It's not practical to do a ram upgrade on an xbox. I have a ported version of the pc duke nukem that runs flawlessly. In fact all of the dooms, wolfenstien and duke nukem are all on xbins.

20. corn

corn Guest

I thought you said you were saying your games run choppy on PC, my bad.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 26, 2008