1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

xbox through monitor

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by cbrooks, Mar 6, 2005.

1. cbrooks

cbrooks Regular member

was wondering how to play my xbox through my monitor
    I have a 19" lcd acer, and a up to date computer, so......... any1 know the easiest way to do this,i also have xbox live if that helps.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated
    thanx in advance

2. MikE42o

MikE42o Guest

There is a VGA adapter u need to buy, i think i seen it for like 20bux on one of the modchip sites.

3. punqewe

punqewe Active member

you could make one too,just search for the scart schematics......but it would be easier to buy one for sure.

4. cbrooks

cbrooks Regular member

will do, thanks very much

5. cbrooks

cbrooks Regular member

could any1 recomend a good site to buy a avg adapter from
    thanks

6. yankeered

yankeered Regular member

i use my tv in card in my computer

Last edited: Mar 6, 2005
  7. ycpchang

ycpchang Member

My company is designing a new product that can convert Xbox output to VGA or DVI format and connect to LCD monitor. We are going to do an advertisement promotion in April and May time frame. We welcome every one who needs or wants to try this product to reply to me. I can send a free sample to you when the promotion starts. BTW, how many of you is looking for this kind of product ?

8. fixmyxbox

fixmyxbox Member

Well I have a 20.1" Dell LCd with both rca and s-video hook up direct. I just want to let you know it looks like shit. Help NEEDED!

Last edited: Mar 17, 2005
  9. chrisosx

chrisosx Regular member

there is a reason why they make it for TV. The TV has a lot less resolution than a standard monitor. The standard monitor supports up to 3x a better size than what the Xbox/PS2 can support. I mean it will look like crap tryin to play it on a monitor/LCD monitor. So don't try if you wanna have a good expiernce.

10. ycpchang

ycpchang Member

I agree with you that when the PS2 and Xbox was designed 5 or 6 years ago, the PC monitor is not a good choice to play these games. But the LCD monitor size has grown from 15" to 20" or even 24" (Dell latest model), the screen size is no longer an issue now. Another more stronger reason to play Xbox game on PC monitor is the 'high definition' game. The TV screen resolution (640x480 or 800x600) won't let you enjoy the 720p or even 1080i super clear game images.
    In coming years, the PC monitor may become more popular for Xbox display than a TV set.

11. chrisosx

chrisosx Regular member

bah but im sure everyone will have HDTV that hopefully will be upgraded to whatever scan it has... the PS2 doesn't have that compatibility so you have to buy that little monitor you hook it up with that Sony sells instead of the real LCD monitor... damn I never new LCD monitors are huge! lol

12. ycpchang

ycpchang Member

Of course HDTV is the best choise to play PS2/Xbox no doubt. But a 32" HDTV may cost you more than $3000 and the volume for HDTV is around 10M world wide this year. The LCD moniotr market already reach 100M volume this year. The total PS2 and Xbox installed (shipped) has reached 95M units in 2004. It seems there are 80% of the PS2 or Xbox players don't have HDTV at home
    or dormitory, but LCD monitor are almost every where.
    The 19" LCD monitor will become the main stream in 2005, 20" to 24" will remain as high end but the price is below $1000. The 19" LCD monitor may fall below $300 this year. It is relatively a cheaper solution than HDTV but still give you a good size of display with much higher resolution.
    I didn't mean the LCD monitor is going to replace HDTV for PS2 or Xbox players, but it may be a good alternative than traditional TV (CRT).

The best choise is always the HDTV, the second choice may be the LCD monitor with 19" or larger, then the third choice is the traditional TV. This is just my opinion.

13. chrisosx

chrisosx Regular member

traditional tv i would go for.. cuz thats what i can afford heh