1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox Unmodded itself ??!! Help please ...

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by Nick165, Aug 2, 2008.

1. Nick165

Nick165 Member

I soft modded my xbox a few months ago and a couple of others using Sid installer and the Splinter Cell exploit . I'm using Unleash X as my dash and have the single boot mode so it always loads up modded since I don't have or can use live , it's been working great .

The last few days I've bought a lot of xbox games , about 26 cheap at gamestop so I've been just testing each one for about 10 minutes or so to make sure they work and looking at the gameplay . All was working fine till I played Top Spin again in the Top Spin/NCAA 2005 dual disc . I played it before without problems but when I was done now I turned it off with the power button and turned it back on to put in a new game to try it booted the xbox dash . I tried a few more times and same thing . I left out the wires let it sit overnight and same thing it always boots the xbox dash like it was never modded . I didn't do anything but play the games in between it loading Unleash X perfectly fine and now this . I tried the Splinter Cell softmod again in hopes I could get to a menu to fix something but when I hit the Linux save I get an Xbox needs service error with different languages and the number 21 in the top left corner , please help .

2. CamHera

CamHera Guest

hmm, maybe the dash was updated by one of the games. i doubt it, but it could happen.

so try softmodding, and make sure you have you're eeprom backuped on your PC.

3. Nick165

Nick165 Member

I tried running the Same one again (Splinter Cell/SID) softmod and it doesn't work , I get that error message . Can I use another one ? I also have Mechassault and was going to try that exploit but the file won't tranfer to my memory card , not a valid xbox save .

Worse case , at the very least is there a way I can access the files off my hd so I can copy them to my other modded xbox with broken drive ?

Any help would be greatly appreciated and thanks for the reply .

4. CamHera

CamHera Guest

what SID are you using? try using a different version of it, and if that doesn't work then use the Mechassult way. if it says it's not a valid save, then make sure the save is still in the .rar. keep it like that.

what error message do you get?

5. Nick165

Nick165 Member

When I downloaded the Mechassault save it was just the folder loose 451000d I think than another folder inside (0000000) and the save and pic files . I thought it was wrong as the sid and splinter cell were zipped so I zipped it and now that you suggested it I also rar'd it , either way no go (not a valid save file) .

The installer I originally used says SID4_Installer . I'll try to find another .

The error message I get after I hit the Linux save which is supposed to take me to the sid menu is "This xbox needs to be repaired" in about 10 different languges (green writing black background) and the #21 in the upper left corner .

Thanks so much again , I'm not getting help anywhere else I guess the scene is pretty much dead .

6. CamHera

CamHera Guest

the Xbox scene? hell no!
    anyways, 21 is what i thought it was. so just get SID 5, the new one from here:
    http://www.aidtracker.com/files/Softmod.Installer.Deluxe.v5.01.Xbox-Hq.torrent
    that is a torrent file, so you will need a BT client, like uTorrent.

after thats done, just put it on the memory card like you did with SID 4.
    then softmod. i've never had this problem before, so i hope it fixes it.

7. Nick165

Nick165 Member

Awesome , Downloaded SID_5 and it worked , thanks so much . I thought I lost everything because I was too stupid to back it up . Buying another $60 Xbox would have been fine but I had everything set up exactly how I wanted it after a lot of downloading (with dial-up) , testing and work .

So could it have been just a bug in that version ? It ran fine for over a month . I hope it doesn't happen again , this is the last version of this installer . I guess I could just use a different installer if it does .

8. C4RN1

C4RN1 Regular member

LOL back probably 6 years ago the xbox used to unmod itself all the time by modifying the old exploit we used. The file name was ST.DB and it would be modified by not having your av cord plugged in all the way while powering on the xbox (weird huh?). Now people have issues with evo x modifying the evox.ini file. This is probably because they run a exploit and somehow update the evox.ini file. Your issue must have been with a dash update, i'm guessing it's a problem with either unleash x or evox I've never had this problem with avalaunch (which is why i'm posting).

Anyway all the files and things i've been using have no problems at all. So if you ever have problems again just download my cheater C located in my signature, and replace your C folder with mine. This gets around all the clock errors, menu errors, booting errors, even ms dash errors. Just make sure you have your eeprom first and you'll have absolutely no problems.

9. sergiovv

sergiovv Regular member

hi C4RN1 i got a cuestion , hoping you still there ,

i got a sofmodded xbox with xbmx and bunch of xbox games loaded in the 250GB hard drive everthing works fine , only problem is when i connect it to xbox live in any game it takes me to the original dashboard after the 21 error is displayed then i gotta install everthing back again and then install the xbmc, it takes me around 15 minutes to install everthing again just by pushing "connect xbox live".

do you know how to disable xbox live or any other way to avoid this problem.????

thanks.....hope you can answer.

10. C4RN1

C4RN1 Regular member

Mostly with softmodded xbox's we don't use xbox live because you can get banned. Though they only ban the eeprom and you can get around that. Anyway in this day and age xbl on a regular xbox is pointless. The best way around this is to load your ms dash and delete/disable any accounts connected to xbl, and make sure it doesn't automatically sign in.

If you don't want to give up your xbl download Auto installer deluxe and reinstall a softmod using the dual boot feature. Though i think you need to have the ms dash installed as defualt if you're doing this.

Anyway the best way around it is to disable automatically signing into xbl (deleting all accounts automatically does this).

11. sergiovv

sergiovv Regular member

thanks for the answer,,......i dont use xbox live but my son was curious or was just seeing what that option had , and then after reinstalling everthing back i went to a game and tried again to connect to xbl to confirm that that was the problem and yeah.

but i will do it again so it will take me to the ms dashboard and then see if theres any accounts to disable them as you said.

thanks.

12. sergiovv

sergiovv Regular member

ok instead of connect xbl to get to the original dashboard i went to filemanager in xbmx and look the xbdash or something like that and took me there ...then i checked for accounts and i only saw a "account recovery" option i choose it and take me back to xbmc then went back again to ms dashboard and disable "auto sign in live account" option.

then in xbmc i played call of duty game and when to xbl option it asked me to create a new account choose yes and happened again (back to original dashboard) and now i have to reinstall everthing again.....what else can i do

i would like to fix this so i dont have to tell everybody do not play xbl ,some people dont even know whats that and they just chose these option to see wahrt happens.

13. Swango

Swango Member

Ok i had same problem with same game NCAA 2005/ Top Spin.
    I am using SID 5, Unleash X, and 007.

My box has been modded for 2 years. I have modded dozens. Just bought 39 games off craigslist and was backing them up to my hard drive. Put in 2005 and copied. Played it and it froze ( have a lot of them do that when I copy to the hard drive and patching does not hardly ever work...using qwix craxtion 4 or dvd2xbox with auto patch enabled, but i guess thats another matter.)
    After it froze, I deleted and tried again to make sure the files were copied. This time it popped up "Xbox Live auto updater" and went straight to M$ dash. So I put in my 007 and tried to reinstall the mod. When I clicked on "load from Hard drive" the 007 game reboots and comes back to the load game section, everytime.will not load the installer from HDD. I have to then get my XBOXHDM 1.9 dvd out and manually copy all files to the hard drive. It did it 2x and the second time my xbox gave me error 09. I have another copy of the dashboard so I will try to copy them to the HDD and lock it but this game really seems to be a hassle.
    How do I disable xbox live updater when I put in sports games? It seems like they could put this updater on all games and mess up the mod if there isnt a fix....

Thanks