1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

xbox vrs pc

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by damo_red, Nov 24, 2003.

1. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

DAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMITT!!!!! I knew I had somewhere to go!!!!! Noooooooooooooo!! :) Seriously though, if you bought just parts and put it together you can easily get quadrouple the perf. for that cost, probably less.

No but they've got a 200 inch one.... does that count? Or do i need to use the second vga-out and connect another projector to it? 'sides.... the dot pitch on a tv is garbage -- no comparison whatsoever to a CRT. ffs you can SEE the damn pixels! Oh... and by the way, can XBOX's connect multiple, tv's even, to one console?

If you's got a 61 inch screen you should have saved your money and got a used triple-tube projector instead :p

1. Not entirely true.
    2. There is NO WAY IN HELL one can fairly compare an XBOX game up to a PC game...
    - You play on a TV screen.... you get shitty graphics by the nature of a tv
    - You get shitty graphics by nature of XBOX games
    - You dont have enough bloddy buttons :p
    - Take UT2K3 for instance: you have the option of playing with a bazillion different resolutions on a computer and what options does one have for an XBOX?
    3. Prisoner was just giving an example.... if one did one's research (hehe bad grammar), you'd note that for $300 CAD you can get yourself a system that will .... hmm... whats an appropriate word.... annihilate an xbox any day of the week.
    4. Did i mention low resolution, high dotpitch and crappy graphics?
    5. Jedi Knight Academy isnt available for XBOX
    6. I looked at KOTOR for XBOX and I nearly cried. What the XBOX did to KOTOR graphics-wise was a CRIME. An absolute crime! (of course, it could have been the TV).
    7. You can always connect your computer to a TV and play on crappier graphics if one chooses to. Can't exactly connect an XBOX to a CRT and get better graphics
    8. Did I mention, not enough buttons?

Oh and you forgot something.... far more useful in all respects._X_X_X_X_X_[small]ASUS A7V8X-X, AMD2500+
    Samsung 1024MB, PC2700
    360GB [3x120GB, 7200, 8MB]
    MSI Starforce, GeForce4 Ti4400 128MB

Rules and Policies: http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/2487
    AFTERDAWN IRC: irc.emule-project.net, #ad_buddies
    COME SAY HI![/small]

Last edited: Dec 2, 2003
  2. seamonkey

seamonkey Regular member

get both..
    build a sweet system and mod an xbox!
    problem solved!

3. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

I have kind of wondered that if people like us are arguing over which to buy. Why doesn`t Microsoft (the software company) realese a software program in say WinXP or Win2003 that would emulate an Xbox. You build what ever system you want and can buy the games and play on your computer. All you would need is a DVDrom drive.

4. Praetor

Hehe XBOX games.... hehe... *snicker* Look what XBOX did to KOTOR. 'nuff said. Seriously though, if they did that, the worlds MASS PIRACY come to mind real fast :p

5. poo_fart

poo_fart Guest

fusk PRAETOR!!!! NEED I SAY MORE?!!!!!!!!!

6. darthnip

darthnip Moderator Staff Member

grow up tom, you fusker lamer.

7. Matador

Matador Regular member

A xbox is a strip down version of a PC.Why would you like to emulate a xbox when a PC is way!! better.But you can customise a PC how ever you want, not like a Xbox.If any thing they should try to emulate a Mac. ^_^

IF they would of done that they would not get any profit of the games.Theres alot of crackers out there that know a PC better then M$ it self.Atlest with xbox,gamecube,PSx.The companies will have a better control over there systems.But even in their "world" crackers still manage to crack their systems.___X_X_X_X_X_[small]Intel D875PBZ - P4 w/HT 3.0GHz 800MHz FSB 512KB Cache - 2GB DDR PC3200 - 760GBs [1x500GB - 1x160GB -1 x60GB +x40GB] - GeForce FX 5700 Ultra 128MB - Sony Dru-510a[/small]

Last edited: Dec 3, 2003
  8. damo_red

damo_red Member

ive read seamonkeys guide on modchips and its great but ive lost the address to the page can someone please tell me again thanks.

9. darthnip

10. Praetor

LMAO better watch yourself.... or else big-time gangsta is gonna come after us all :p Him and his crip that is of course.

11. damo_red

damo_red Member

thanks darthnip

12. #afonic

#afonic Regular member

THIS GUY (poo_fart) has an opinion about our conversation. Thank you for being an idiot!

Praetor what I said is not that XBox is better than PCs! I said that if the ONLY thing you want is to play games then get an XBox. It's cheap and will allow you to play all the games made for it until XBox2 is made.

And now about the new games, if you don't have a P4/Athlon class processor, over 1,2-1,4 GHz and at least a Geforce4 you can't play the new games with better graphics than Xbox. Broken Sword III I just got says "GeForce4 Ti4200 or better" at the recommended settings! See the first Playstation: companies were making games with better graphics using the same hardware! What I say is that PC games are not so well worked in the code so that they are fast with older systems. And we should they be, what they want is to make people get new hardware all the time.

I don't think that we, as PC users, should accept that._X_X_X_X_X_[small]More than 20 guides about DVD!
    Ripping, copying, shrinking, burning and authoring:
    http://www.afonic.tk
    ----------------------------------------------------
    Polarhome - Gateway to freedom:
    http://www.polarhome.com[/small]

Last edited: Dec 4, 2003
  13. Matador

Matador Regular member

The only game that I think is coded right is MOHAA.ON my old system a 733 Celeron,20GB HDD,4mb intergrated Gfx.That game looked great.Ran good too.Thats the only game that i seen the looks good without any high class Gfx card.

I only use a xbox in order to keep my hands and rist from fusking up.
    The control is great for ppl that have pain in their hands and ect...

Been on the PC al most 17+ hours a day doesn't realy help.

I seen some gloves that ppl use with typing and stuff.And ppl say it does realy help.Does any one know where you can get those? I would be very gratefull. tnx

14. seamonkey

seamonkey Regular member

d@mn kids these days! hehe..
    yea, an xbox emulator would not be good for ms or software companies.

there will always be some form of piracy out there, but with more complexity in breaking past barriers (ie modding an xbox, old school way of doing dvd movie backups; before the programs such as dvd2one, dvdxcopy, etc) the less piracy there is..

so basically, someone will always crack teh protection and a new protection will be created.. like the never ending battle of good and evil..

just my $.02
    aiy, peace

15. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

Amazing how this topic has gone up and down.
    I think the main reason why Microsoft hasn't release an emulator for the Xbox in a OS, is because of the PC hard ware issue. Everyone commenting hear on this thread I bet has different PC specs. The nice thing about the xbox is that it is the same. So if I write a game for it, I know the limitations and what it can do and how to take full advantage of every component. On the other hand an emulator would run in the problem that some one is going to try it on a Pentium or P2 and it will suck and they will say Microsoft sucks. So since Xbox games have to write contracts with Microsoft to be realeased, I think (after thinking about) it has to do with the hard ware issue and Not Piracy. As lets face it someone out there will find a way to crack into the FBI and CIA systems. SO your not going to elimate Piracy.
    Those are my 3 cents.

16. Toiletman

Toiletman Active member

I want an emulator!!! T_T. And a proper PS2 one as well. Poo_fart, I will flush you.

Anyway, XBOX does NOT have crappy games. Halo is goddamn good. And have you seen the trailers for Halo 2? God I wish it will come out on the PC.

17. #afonic

#afonic Regular member

Well some people are working on an Xbox emulator project that's all I know. And some other people try to code a PS2 emulator!

Don't think that Xbox is easy because it has PC specs, it's not!

18. ichthys

ichthys Guest

what a lovely argument you ppl are having. This is actually my first post on afterdawn, and I have a strong view on the topic.
    xbox sucks!!!!! Well not really, halo is pretty cool. Do you agree? You wanna know why? Becuase it was org developed for the PC!!!!! MS bought it out.
    Some console games are good. I just played Zelda: The Ocarina of Time on N64 a few months back. But PC still wins overall. You can't corrupt you system files on an xbox and have to use a Linux Knoppix boot cd to transfer you files to a computer on a network because your messed up recovery Cd only have a clean install option can you???? PC is cool because you can post messages on forums....ooh yeah!

19. darthnip

welcome aboard! xbox is cool, i like the things it can do aside from games. i still dig my ps2, and i love to game on the PC. It all comes down to personal preference and what is available to you. we all know there are some things that each format has over the others. there cant one single dominating system as long as there are people with different opinions. personally, i like having the choice between all the different gaming formats out there. you might be a hardcore xbox guy, or ps2 guy, or whatever but say you got a 400 mile road trip ahead of you, wouldn't a gameboy advanceSP come in handy right about then? even if you hated nintendo. the bottom line is, video games are freakin cool even if you are old as hell and got 4 kids and work to much, and....ooh shit, thats me! time for xbox, later :)

20. Praetor

ichthys:
    1. Welcome to Afterdawn
    2. The XBOX (as well as all other consoles) can do one thing that that 'puters cant: the provide a standard hardware platform an guarantee a degree of performance and quality: note that console games have no "Minimum/Reccommended" stats that needto be met in order to enjoy the game.