1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox vs PS2

Discussion in 'Xbox - Games' started by mewbank, Dec 29, 2007.

1. mewbank

mewbank Member

I have owned an Xbox for many years now and have never favoured the "graystation". Recently i have 'inherited' a PS2. There are a number of games that have been released on both platforms. How do the graphics of these games compare between the Xbox and PS2. Am i right in thinking the Xbox spec is superior to the PS2?

2. varnull

varnull Guest

Games like san andreas show the differences well. the ps2 doesn't seem to have the draw depth.

There isn't much to chose between them in reality.. ps2 only games like Jak & Daxter have excellent graphics.

I find the greatest difference in the controls.. the xbox is very analog where the ps2 is more like hitting a switch.

3. acidy

acidy Regular member

I have both a ps2 and an xbox ^_^
    The xbox is way better than the ps2 as it has superior gfx and technology ^_^
    And the best part in an xbox is you have a HDD while in the ps2, you'll have to buy one >_<

But well, the ps2 has some awesome games like "Resident Evil 4" and "Metal Gear Solid 3" that should NOT be missed ^_^

But well, I really hate my ps2 cuz it gave me too many disk read errors >_<
    It didn't even let me complete the full "Resident Evil4" game cuz it stopped working completely due to some reason >_<
    And the xbox hasn't given me even 1 disk read error 8)

I adore my xbox ^_^

4. dide_101

dide_101 Member

no offence to all the PS2 lovers

PS2 is crap

xbox rules

even though it is obsolete

Just my opinion

You can like PS2 if you want I don't mind

5. gozilla

gozilla Regular member

crap or not, it's still selling well, and there are still decent games available for it.
    Although technically speaking, the Xbox was superior to the PS2 in terms of hardware and performance.

6. dide_101

dide_101 Member

no offence to all the PS2 lovers

PS2 is crap

xbox rules

even though it is obsolete

Just my opinion

You can like PS2 if you want I don't mind

7. dide_101

dide_101 Member

srry my bad didn't mean to double post

8. varnull

varnull Guest

Why did you post exactly the same thing twice? Did you go back on the post page, and then forward again.. heh heh heh.. s*** happens :lol:

Overall I think the ps2 had a wider selection of good games.. the xbox had a few unique games, but seemed to get stuck too far into the FPS and boring US sport genres.

Now I have never owned a ps2.. I think (as a console repairer/modder) that they are generally more unreliable and delicate than the xbox.. They may still be selling well.. but I see a lot of 1 year old slimlines with dead lasers all of a sudden.. I think sony were hoping to have discontinued them by now, and bought hardware accordingly.. they are like that you know.. evil sony..

for ease of modding, general reliability and availability of games I would still chose an xbox now over a ps2.. when the price falls further I may reconsider, but even then a ps2 isn't a realistic gaming platform for me... chip or swapmagic, both cost ££'s.. compared to load a save onto the hdd, run a £2 game and there it is modded forever.. ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 26, 2008
  9. gozilla

gozilla Regular member

I guess it's a bit of hit and miss regarding reliability and longevity. I've had my V3 PAL PS2 since launch and it still works fine.

my thoughts exactly. I never really got to into the xbox manly because most of it's AAA and exclusive content games always seemed to be focused on the FPS genre.